Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Extreme shift in attitude NSC style

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Beat Bournemouth and Orient and we will surely be in the top 4.

We are going up say we are going up

Incidently , the season we went up in the play offs , we were only 1 point better off after 7 games

Be very suprised if this team doesnt win us another championship

I think mid-table would be a triumph under the circumstances.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Dougal said:
Beat Bournemouth and Orient and we will surely be in the top 4.

We are going up say we are going up

Incidently , the season we went up in the play offs , we were only 1 point better off after 7 games

I admire your optimism.

Personally, I think we will be mid table (about 10th). A lot depends on a FINAL Falmer decision.

veade

Feb 19, 2005
Boston
London Irish said:
I think mid-table would be a triumph under the circumstances.

it maybe a triamph for you but i want the best for our team and i honestly think under dean wilkins he will get our younger players playing beyond thereselves and take us to atleast the play-offs

Always want more and never settle for less

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Dougal said:

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

I think well still be lucky to stay mid table this season. Yet again on saturday (before Chippie got sent off) it was horribly apparent that we are desperate for a striker to lead the line.

I lost count of the times we had posession but had no options to pass too up front.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
veade said:
it maybe a triamph for you but i want the best for our team and i honestly think under dean wilkins he will get our younger players playing beyond thereselves and take us to atleast the play-offs

A sprinkling of realism should also be liberally applied as well though, surely.
I don't think our strikeforce of Revell, Jake, Gatting and Hart will manage any more than 15 goals between them this season. Unless we get reinforcements on loan, and make some shrewd signings in January, then we're going to be no higher than 15th with the squad as it stands.

Thats the reality I'm afraid. A paper-thin squad full of kids is NOT going to be challenging for Playoffs.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Easy 10 said:
A sprinkling of realism should also be liberally applied as well though, surely.
I don't think our strikeforce of Revell, Jake, Gatting and Hart will manage any more than 15 goals between them this season. Unless we get reinforcements on loan, and make some shrewd signings in January, then we're going to be no higher than 15th with the squad as it stands.

Thats the reality I'm afraid. A paper-thin squad full of kids is NOT going to be challenging for Playoffs.
What he said.

*Thinks back to the wit and wisdom of Alan Hansen...*

veade

Feb 19, 2005
Boston
Easy 10 said:

Man UTD kids spring to mind and maybe Leeds UTD when O'Leary took over maybe i live in cloud cuckoo land with the fairys but i honestly believe Wilkins WILL get the best out of our youngsters because i think mcghee demarolised their self confidence so come on everyone lets gets behind Wilkins and the kids to take us back to the championship:clap2:

Uncle Buck said:
I think the key to this season is and has been all summer is as to where the goals are going to come from to sustain a decent finish. I never neen convinced on the need for a target man as said target man would still have needed a player to finish the opportunities he created and we do not seem to have that player at present.
But I'm assuming we are going to have no such problem finding said players now, because the problem was such players did not want to come and play for McGhee. Apparently.

veade

Feb 19, 2005
Boston
Ernest said:
Seeing as we beat a very poor side on Saturday without having a shot on target a reality check is called for and do not discount the fickleness of Albion fans.
Lose against Bournmouth and Orient and it will be Wilkins Out time.

maybe we should start a wilkins out!!! poll now???

veade said:

OK, what if Wilkins does not have us in "at least" a play-off spot, say, by January but we are midtable? What then? Would you back him or call for a change?

Uncle Buck said:
Finding 25 goal strikers at any level is never easy, but more galling when you had one.

Can't think who you are talking about, we never had one of those at Championship level. Virgo?

Last edited:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
Can't think who you are talking about, we never had one of those at Championship level? Virgo?

Of course we have not had a player who could score at this level.

When the loan window opens (has it yet) we will see if players will now come here with the change at the top, however I would guess some will be put off as we currently have a caretaker manager and they may see this as not being that stable.

Wilkins will have to draw up a new list of known players to tell Naylor that we are trying to sign as McGhee has worked through a fair few in the last 18 months.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here