Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Extra training!

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
For all those that witnessed the dire encounter on Saturday - it was satisfying to read that Micky Adams had the players in for extra training on Sunday. That'll learn 'em next time they think about strolling around in the sunshine!

Nice one Micky :bowdown:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
All very well, but he takes some responsibilty for telling them to hoof the ball to Murray and Forster. Adams need some extra training in being able to instil a plan B and C when plan A (hoof) fails doesn't he?

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Maybe this could exclude Kuipers though. Very good performance from the big man but if you give him more training then I'm sure his goal kicks will actually start to clear the opposition cross bar judging by the distance of them on Saturday

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Funnily enough thats the first thing I said to my mate was that Adams will say "see you in training 2morow lads DONT enjoy your weekend"

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Adams has stated in interviews that he is expressingly telling his players NOT to hoof the ball from defence into attack. He is therefore correct in demanding players come in for extra training.

I like what I'm hearing from Adams. I'm pretty pissed off at blowing out one of the best days of the summer to watch the tripe served up on Saturday, so I'm glad Adams has registered how bad the performance really was.

All very well, but he takes some responsibilty for telling them to hoof the ball to Murray and Forster. Adams need some extra training in being able to instil a plan B and C when plan A (hoof) fails doesn't he?

The fact MA is in the dug out makes a mockery of the Wilkins detractors who moaned about him sitting in the NS for first halves.

It seems MA is either telling his players to do things in an overly simplistic fashion or they are over-simplifying his instructions.

Something has got to improve :albion2::albion2::albion2:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom

exactly , I mean i've been waiting for ages to see us play some nice stuff through the center rather than the flanks every time but that seemed to be all we did on Saturday

how many time did we try the whole hoof it up and hoping Forster got a head on it? a fair few times

we need a mix really , that is the thing with the Albion , we try something that obviously doesn't work over and over again without preparing an element of suprise (like the stupid slow runover the ball free kicks which don't fool anyone)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I support the re-signing of Virgo but he didn't play well in midfield on Saturday, and I can't see him and Thomson forming the basis of a promotion-winning side.

In some ways the Hawkins signing has skewed things; if Hawkins was out Virgo could go back into centre-back, Lynch comes in a left-back, Richards goes to left-midfield, McLeod switches to wide right and Cox plays behind the front 2 in a diamond. However, Hawkins has been pretty good thus far. Who'd be a manager?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I support the re-signing of Virgo but he didn't play well in midfield on Saturday, and I can't see him and Thomson forming the basis of a promotion-winning side.

In some ways the Hawkins signing has skewed things; if Hawkins was out Virgo could go back into centre-back, Lynch comes in a left-back, Richards goes to left-midfield, McLeod switches to wide right and Cox plays behind the front 2 in a diamond. However, Hawkins has been pretty good thus far. Who'd be a manager?

That makes for a pretty lightweight central midfield, and a not particularly creative left-side.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
A bone idle midfield not doing its job...? ???

thats what I have been thinking. With O'Callaghan and Racon, they used to drop deep and collect the ball from the keeper or central defenders, and all they would have to do is play a simple 5/10yard pass.

It made players like Elphick, Whing and Richards look like footballers rather than hoofers which they are now playing like

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
It's quite simple really, with the possible exception of Richards, the other defenders who are in the team now just can't pass the ball and they have to hoof it. Lynch is the only defender in the squad who is confident enough to carry the ball out of defence and because of that, he should be playing, even if he's not as committed as Elphick or Hawkins. Add to that the fact that I'm afraid Virgs is no central midfielder, and definitely not a creative player, and Thompson does not really seem to like to carry the ball, it's pretty obvious that we are going to over rely on the long ball and just hope for the best, and if nothing is done we will all have serious neck injuries watching this by the end of the season!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
People on here are slating MA but what are the two common factors between the bad gamesd with Wilkins in charge and the 2 home games this season.......................................................................................................................most of the players and Dean White end of story.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
The fact MA is in the dug out makes a mockery of the Wilkins detractors who moaned about him sitting in the NS for first halves.

It seems MA is either telling his players to do things in an overly simplistic fashion or they are over-simplifying his instructions.

Something has got to improve :albion2::albion2::albion2:

Simple instructions, don't concede and get at least a point from every game, yeh! I know I am being facetious but it is early season and overall a satisfying start and maybe the pressure from the fans when we play at home is beginning to tell:albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here