Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Extra seats going in.

minnieme

Sep 10, 2006
Brighton
in the East stand, south east corner & south west corner over the summer period :clap2: Just passing on the good news from a reliable source

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
needs planning permission to be ok`d first though.
december was when martin perry was expected to send through the application.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
All good installing them, wont be able to use them though unless planning permission is granted for higher attendances.

minnieme

Sep 10, 2006
Brighton
Don't shoot the messenger, just passing on what i was told from a forwarded email. Not some thing i would bother making up.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I hope your source is also passing on the good news to the City Council planners. :smile:

Technically I don't think we need permission to install the seats (at least in the corners where there is already concrete in place), as long as we do not have attendances over 22,500.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Technically I don't think we need permission to install the seats (at least in the corners where there is already concrete in place), as long as we do not have attendances over 22,500.

probably, but it might not look good to be applying with the seats already in place, as if expecting a foregone conclusion. maybe its fine though, were's the NSC planning expert?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I would have thought the corners at the North stand would get done first ?
For me would sell better, be in a singing area and would maintain the gap between away fans in the south stand

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I would have thought the corners at the North stand would get done first ?
For me would sell better, be in a singing area and would maintain the gap between away fans in the south stand

I agree and I think the club must be a bit off its trolley to start any seat filling at the away end!

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I agree and I think the club must be a bit off its trolley to start any seat filling at the away end!

or maybe it is so we can sell more tickets to the away fans, sides like West ham etc would no doubt have taken more tickets if available ?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I understand that they want to move the away fans from behind the goal and put them in the corner so that Brighton fans will also be at least part behind the goal in the south stand, unless for cup 15% matches where away fans will get whole of south and a corner.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I understand that they want to move the away fans from behind the goal and put them in the corner so that Brighton fans will also be at least part behind the goal in the south stand, unless for cup 15% matches where away fans will get whole of south and a corner.

Interesting, I was wondering myself whether this would happen. It does seem like an obvious and effective idea, succesfully used by many other clubs.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

It's surely a lot easier to fill in the corners at the south end, the sloping concrete is already in place.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
image.axd

Is it being moved to Brighton marina?

Boris Yeltsin

MR PRESIDENT to you, mate
Feb 13, 2008
Moscow

Seeing as we are yet to break the 22,000 ceiling even with all the recent "sold out" games, this expansion can only be good news.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
none going in the north corners?

if seats do go in the south corners will they only go on the concrete slope that is in place now? or will they extend this so the back row of seats in each corner would come to the same level as the east stand?

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
probably, but it might not look good to be applying with the seats already in place, as if expecting a foregone conclusion. maybe its fine though, were's the NSC planning expert?

this could actually be a genius way of maximising available seats for Brighton fans, regardless of away turnout and gaps between the fans.

if another Doncaster, Gills following comes to town (ie too many to segregate the South Stand but lots of empty seats) we can simply make the number they don't sell available in other areas of the ground - always enabling a capacity of 22,500.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
none going in the north corners?

if seats do go in the south corners will they only go on the concrete slope that is in place now? or will they extend this so the back row of seats in each corner would come to the same level as the east stand?
If I remember correctly the North can have its corners filled, but will have to have a void in the middle for access for vehicles. I believe the North and South are the same level as WSL and the East lower so should join up seamlessly!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here