Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

extra seats at withdean

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
No it's not tosh. It's not all on seats. However regarding seats, the West Stand will be Permanent. The East is temporary. We're having new hospitality buildings etc built as well.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Yeah but is it worth it or does someone no something we don't regarding falmer.???

Seems a complete waste of time and money to me:nono:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
berkshire seagull said:
Yeah but is it worth it or does someone no something we don't regarding falmer.???

Seems a complete waste of time and money to me:nono:

Nothing to do with Falmer. We've wanted these seats for ages.

We've got at least 2 more years at Withdean I believe. 04/05, 05,06.

It'll give something back to Withdean from the Albion. It'll get more fans in. It'll hopefully help the Albion pay some of its bills.

It is a shame it's taken so long though.

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
... and stop away fans complaining about facilities!:lolol:

Will there be a roof on the permanent stand, if not why? ???

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Uh, no.

I remember reading it either from the Argus or the club.

Can't 100% recall though.

:p :p :p

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
How come the away fans aren't kept in the East Stand and the West Stand given to home fans, giving us back some of the North Stand atmosphere. Or if the away fans have to be given covered accommodation, put them back in the North.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Let's ban away fans, saves money on police as well. :p

West Hoathly Seagull said:
How come the away fans aren't kept in the East Stand and the West Stand given to home fans, giving us back some of the North Stand atmosphere. Or if the away fans have to be given covered accommodation, put them back in the North.

Firstly, the away fans will be much further from the pitch than the East Stand at the other end. The stand's going to be built into the grass bank, just think how far back that is. Although it'll have a roof, I wouldn't fancy sitting there.

Put away fans in the North Stand? Alright then! It only holds 1,500. That means one whole side of the pitch full of away fans, not to mention being right next to all the media people, radio commontators etc. No chance!

Last edited:

nutter

Jul 6, 2003
Brighton
If the west stand has a roof thats cool.But is the west stand going to be directly behind the goal or where the tall advertising hoardings are?Cos that is a crap view surely and miles away!

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Safeway said:
Put away fans in the North Stand? Alright then! It only holds 1,500. That means one whole side of the pitch full of away fans, not to mention being right next to all the media people, radio commontators etc. No chance!

What should I do with my nice North Stand season ticket? Will I be forced to move to the uncovered South Stand? Have you SEEN some of the people in the South Stand who post on here?!??! :p

Last edited:

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Should put a roof on the home end... away fans can suffer, IMHO...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here