Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Explosion outside London

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
MYOB said:
I got an IM from someone I know in North London reporting visible distoritions on his PC monitors due to a shockwave about ten minutes ago...

only YOU MYOB only YOU :D

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
Speaking as a News Person... it's because it takes half an hour for a crew to leave central London, get to the scene, and start sending live pics back. In the mean time, there's half an hour of News 24 and Sky to fill, and it's not very interesting to talk about a big fire for half an hour while looking at a picture of a map.

But you're right... there's too much of it that goes on these days.

With phone cameras, digital camcorders, etc.... so widely available, and the fact there are thousands of people that want to see their name on telly it doesn't hurt.

If it gives the public an idea of things "as they happened" I see nothing wrong with it.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
It's natural for people to innitially think any event like this is a terrorist attack following the tube bombings I guess. I remember listening to the early reports of them and the official sources like the police saying it was just an accident. Whether you think it's healthy sceptacism, mass hysteria, conspiracy or a government ploy to keep us all in paranoid limbo so we don't notice what a mess they're making of the country depends on your general outlook on life.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
_41109474_hugesmokeafp.jpg

Cool.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Shizuoka Dolphin said:

wow thats like TERMINATOR all over again...the machines are COMING :eek:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here