Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

EXPLOSION in Fishersgate this morning...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Apologies if I woke anyone up this morning, but I had an unfortunate automobile incident. My usually beautifully reliable Rover refused to start this morning. The ignition was turning over quick enough, but the engine wouldn't spark into life. So after a few attempts, I resorted to Plan B - phone the Dad. He duley came over, asked me to try the ignition again, and
BOOM
Here was the result.

The rear section of my exhaust pipe was quite literally BLOWN APART after some fuel had leeked, gathered and then subsequently ignited after I tried to start my car. It sounded like a CANNON going off, and was TREMENDOUSLY exciting. I got towed round to the garage and it'll cost me about a hundred to get it snorted. But all things considered, thats a small price to pay for the sheer thrill of the earth-breaching EXPLOSION that occurred on my driveway this morning. So if anyone west of Hove was wondering if the coastguard had been launched at about 8am this morning - no, they hadn't. That was my CAR

:clap2:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Did you not CONSIDER that if there'd been much MORE fuel you'd be BROWN BREAD by now?
Yes. Yes I did. And somehow that has only ADDED to the excitement of it all. So much so that I felt compelled to spend the afternoon in the pub while my car got fixed.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
where abouts in the GATE do you live big man?
Deepest darkest Fishersgate CLOSE

And as I left for the pub, there was the usual two police cars in attendence outside, questioning two chavs about a violent street incident of which I was not aware. My ears were still ringing from the morning explosion, and I walked past them like a GOD.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
onslow12.jpg

Mr 10 relaxing at home after a nasty backfiring incident

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
£100, that was a lucky escape my friend, I feared it would be far more expensive than that.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
The smoke is still clearing here, Mr Easy 9 (1 life lost)

Thankfully from that photo, Bruce hadn't taken up residence in your back pipe.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
I wondered what that was.. I live in Gardner Road down the sea end

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
How the hell your car didn't completely explode is a bit beyond me right now....

If I had a car where leaking fuel has the potential to collect in the exhaust system I'd be chopping it in for something else quicker than you can say "Friday Ad".... :ohmy:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Nice block paving on the drive, btw :thumbsup:

If any has been damaged in the blast, I can give you a quote for sorting it on my days off....;)

Herbie 53

Jul 27, 2007
Jesus Easy!!
Glad you ok big fella, your car is a legend, only £100 that is amazing in this day and age. Good excuse to get down the pub too. Nice work.:bowdown:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Blimey Easy you do live life on the EDGE dont you!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its the only way to be, I find.
Should be picking the car up today. He;s going to snort the fuel leak, but I;m looking forward to that little BUZZ of anticipation every time I turn the key in the ignition now. It;ll be like living in Belfast.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Deepest darkest Fishersgate CLOSE

And as I left for the pub, there was the usual two police cars in attendence outside, questioning two chavs about a violent street incident of which I was not aware. My ears were still ringing from the morning explosion, and I walked past them like a GOD.

I used to live at the bottom end of St Richards Road and managed one of the Fishergate Flyers teams.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here