Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Exploding pagers across Lebanon

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I'm sure Mossad will point to the owners of these devices being Hamas terrorists and that is true, but it's also true that there would be a lot of non-Hamas/non-terrorist victims and immediately there were. I don't see how this helps their cause overall, other than taking some Hamas terrorists off the board.
I think nearly 43,000 dead in Gaza and Palestine tells you all you need to know about Israel's regard for collateral damage.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Alaska would have been good. Jews would have their homeland safe from persecution. And as a result no reason for the west to get embroiled in a decades long conflict with the muslim world.
You say that, but Bigfoot might have something to screech and knock on wood about that....
Thousands of years they have lived in peace, hardly bothered us at all, then you propose this....

I see trouble ahead

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
. Anyway, even what we think about it matters not a jot.
I disagree.

I think it matters very much what the international community thinks about geo-political events and conflicts around the world and that includes the electorate of that international community - ie us.

One cannot insulate oneself from moral culpability or even vested interest just because one might not be the one pulling the trigger or hiding in bomb shelters.

We live in a complex, multi-faceted geo-political reality where a conflict in one part of the world has a myriad of interconnecting self interests and can be significant on a global level.

‘When a butterfly flaps it’s wings in the Amazon rain forest, it can change the weather half a world away’.

- chaos theory.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
I agree they intentionally targeted Hezbollah. No question about it - that was their intention and I've read commentary saying that they weren't even sure they were going to follow through with the plot, but were worried about detection so decided to go ahead. I wonder if they regret that choice now, or would have been more targeted - I'm sure we'll never know.

But there is no chance they thought ONLY Hamas/Hezbollah fighters and leaders would be injured. When they were devising the plot and tampering with the devices, they would have known there would be a high risk that innocent people would be injured and killed. I don't believe they wouldn't have factored that in, and decided to proceed.

Maybe the comparison with 9/11 and October 7th is unreasonable overall, considering the intent was purely civilian casualties. But for scale of attack and the number of people caught up in it, it's definitely comparable. Humanity at its worst.
How would you conduct a war with Hamas & Hezbollah?
Both proudly specifically committed to killing every single Jew

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Fiendishly inspired action by Mossad; the pagers were ordered by Hezbollah and therefore their actual activists are targeted. This has got to be better than dropping a bomb on an apartment block in which an activist may live among the general populace. However, it is very much a one-off strike which can't be repeated again.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Fiendishly inspired action by Mossad; the pagers were ordered by Hezbollah and therefore their actual activists are targeted. This has got to be better than dropping a bomb on an apartment block in which an activist may live among the general populace. However, it is very much a one-off strike which can't be repeated again.
fiendish as in an evil villain kind of way, yes.

Pagers are yes primarily kept on ones person, or left on the bedside cabinet, dining table etc etc.
A bomb hitting UN workers, civilians including hospitals and schools is pretty one off, but sadly repeated time and time again by this bunch of tw@ts.

Last edited:
Reactions: :J)

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Indeed. They are brilliant. Which makes it even more puzzling that they apparently didn't have even the slightest idea that the 7/10 attack was in the offing. (Despite months / years of planning)
oh they did and let it ride, as a pretence to flatten, displace and indiscriminately kill 43000 in revenge.

The US and several other agencies warned them, they knew.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I disagree.

I think it matters very much what the international community thinks about geo-political events and conflicts around the world and that includes the electorate of that international community - ie us.

One cannot insulate oneself from moral culpability or even vested interest just because one might not be the one pulling the trigger or hiding in bomb shelters.

We live in a complex, multi-faceted geo-political reality where a conflict in one part of the world has a myriad of interconnecting self interests and can be significant on a global level.

‘When a butterfly flaps it’s wings in the Amazon rain forest, it can change the weather half a world away’.

- chaos theory.
You are arguing from the specific (what I wrote) to the general. Of course it is a good thing that people understand global events. That is not what I was addressing (and I had in fact made some attempt to do exactly what you recommend - contextualize the events and consider comments made about them).

What I wrote was this:

"As with the rest of the Israel vs the Muslim world conflict there is nothing good about any of it, but that still doesn't mean it is all the same, every event identical. Some may argue that indifference to civilian causalities is the same as the deliberate targeting of civilians. I'm not sure that's particularly helpful. Anyway, even what we think about it matters not a jot."

I was explaining what I thought about the discussion about whether the attack on the pagers was equivalent to 9/11. My point was that they are not the same. I added that what we think about it (i.e., whether we think they are the same or not the same) matters not a jot.

Hopefully I have now explained properly what I meant. :thumbsup:

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Indeed. They are brilliant. Which makes it even more puzzling that they apparently didn't have even the slightest idea that the 7/10 attack was in the offing. (Despite months / years of planning)
Are you saying what I think you're saying?

(If you are, then it would make sense. Let it happen, wake the sleeping giant up and change the course of history in Israel's favour).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
oh they did and let it ride, as a pretence to flatten, displace and indiscriminately kill 43000 in revenge.
I really don't think that Mossad or Bibi deliberately allowed hundreds of Israelis to be killed and 100 to be taken hostage (with some allegedly abused and many certainly murdered) simply to justify a bit of genocide.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
I need to go and read up on this. Did Mussad play the long game, infultrate the supply chain and have literally thousands of these bombs out there and potentially coud do it again?
Or was it an exploit that overloaded the battery on these specific devices.
Rabbit hole incoming.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
BBC now reporting two children killed in the pager attack which some on here view as a cause for celebration.

An eight-year-old girl and an 11-year-old boy.

Wow people celebrating the death of innocent children, i hope the people who posted these celebrations have been banned, can you link me to these disgusting posts please?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I really don't think that Mossad or Bibi deliberately allowed hundreds of Israelis to be killed and 100 to be taken hostage (with some allegedly abused and many certainly murdered) simply to justify a bit of genocide.
As much as I respect your views and superior intelligence.
But I suggest that they either had orders from above, or were misinformed/manipulated from those in power.
Ultimately it was deemed from above to let it ride....

There is no other reasonable explanation for 43000 dead and counting, plus the displacement of thousands, new settlements springing up.
This is not an appropriate response.

It seems pre determined.

What do I know, I am simple dude, I am extremely uncomfortable with it all.

Last edited:

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Interesting Mossad is able to carry out such an inherently cunning and brilliant plan which would have involved a lot of intricate planning, detail and precision execution.

Especially given that the only way the Israeli government can apparently rescue a few dozen hostages in Gaza is by bombing it out of existence and killing everyone who lives there.
That's not correct though. I'm sure you recall the recent operation where they infiltrated the Hamas tunnel network and got very close to rescuing 6 Israeli hostages who were then brutally murdered by Hamas operatives to prevent them being rescued alive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here