Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Expectations

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
What are people expecting from this years season ?

How much support we will bring, where we will finish in the table, and the standard of football we will play ?

:ascarf:

Crezhell

Aug 11, 2008
Promotion:thumbsup: Good runs in all 3 cups as well.

Support will certainly get better as the season progresses

u enjoy your optimism..
wot would u EVEN specify 'good' cup runs as?...i mean wot sort of round are we talking about here?

Lord Large

Keeping the faith
Aug 6, 2008
Out on the floor
Too early to tell.

No reason why we should not be aiming for a top eight finish but it would only take injuries to a couple of key players for things to take a turn for the worse.

As far as attendances go I can't see it being much better unless we are really challenging at the top of the league.

Tickets are still too expensive and the conditions at Withdean are no better.

samwaudby

Feb 24, 2008
Yeah I agree with LL, it is too early to tell. One game in, let's see if our home form is good, and then if it is, maybe we can hope for promotion. But I would be more than happy with a play off spot.

Lord Large

Keeping the faith
Aug 6, 2008
Out on the floor
Crewe have lost their star player and were hardly a good outfit even with Maynard.

I think it is impossible to tell until at least ten games in. You could play the four worst teams in the first four games for example.

Southend away should give a decent indication but I will remain on the fence until the season is at least a month old.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The attendances cannot possibly fall any lower than last season I would hope. I would expect promotion, hopefully automatic. At least 3rd round of the FA cup to get one of the big boys and win the JPT. Not expecting much really!!!

The North Stand catering van to resemble a snack van with edible products and not run out of Bovril during the cold months..

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
A shit home draw in the 3rd round of the FA Cup, don't want a good away one as it's Tasha's birthday and said I wouldn't be going to the football :(:(

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
A shit home draw in the 3rd round of the FA Cup, don't want a good away one as it's Tasha's birthday and said I wouldn't be going to the football :(:(

But a very good away one and the game may be moved to the Sunday making it a win-win situation.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
To see us perform from the off like the home team at Withdean, the rest should follow. Around the playoffs come May.

A few sellout crowds as well.

1066gull

I expecterd promotion to be about where Millwall have been all season

Oh my f***ing days this would not have happened if we appointed adams.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here