Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Expectations for next season?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I'm expecting 10th - 12th with our current squad and depending on new signings somewhere higher

As long as we finish above palarse and don't get relegated, then that would be a good season in my books. :thumbsup:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
It depends on us keeping Bennett and improving in the areas Gus wants us to improve in.

Current Squad - Mid table.
A squad with a handful of nifty signings - 5th-8th.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
It all depends on who we sign, If we sign the big name out of our price range has been players that have been mentioned then I expect administration, A points deduction and relegation. Meanwhile back in the real world I expect us to be a mid table side who play attractive football.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
My initial expectation is one of survival, as I look at our current squad and consider who might be leaving (Murray/Bennett). As we move closer to the start of the season, my hope is we either hold on to our best players or replace them, then my expectations will hopefully rise to mid-table safety. I certainly do not expect us to be in the top 6 come Christmas, whomever we sign, but then I didn't think we'd even make the playoffs this season, so that shows you what I know!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Play off push - Gus does not like losing so doubt he would accept a relegation battle

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
There's no way we can really predict at this point - as soon as we know who is leaving and coming in I'll make a judgement.

Based on our current squad however, I think we'd struggle.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I'd be perfectly happy with a Mid Table finish, we need to consolidate before we try for higher.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I think that after the initial euphoria of promotion the last few performances put a damper on things and in a way I'm glad if that was the case. The Championship will be tough next year and if you look at the teams going up with us you would guess that Southampton are already better equipped in terms of appropriately experienced players and will probably be able to outspend us in the transfer market while teams like West Ham and Hull, Ipswich, Leicester, Cardiff.....................(the list goes on) will certainly be able to splash a great deal more cash than us.

That said Gus will doubtless make a few shrewd signings and we have impetus and we will play our style of football - and no doubt it is a winning style. The new stadium could be a bit of a two edged sword initially until we get used to playing in it and until we discover whether the fans can make a noise in support of the team.

All-in-all I'm not going to make any predictions until I see who we bring in to strengthen the team - there are a couple of areas that I currently have real concerns about - but if I were pushed I'd say that I would be disappointed if we didn't finish in the top half of the table although not expecting us to make a challenge at the top. I suspect we might well start slowly and come stronger at the end and if that happened we might all be feeling very positive going in to the following season. Sustained progress would do me very nicely over the next two or three years........................

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
think we will have to wait and see what transfer action takes place before we can gauge how next season will go , can we do a norwich....don't see why not , not sure if it would do us good in the short term though.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Mid table and top team in the south... above Palace, Aints and Portsmouth (and Bmuff if they get up)

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
:Mid table would be my objective - not a prediction. I think he needs to be really careful with signings. Man C spent gazillions but it still takes a long time to gel so perhaps 3/4 real key signings to replace guys we don't want to go but do (e.g. Bennett/Murray) or beef up where we lack some class (xxxx - keeping quiet here :) ) would be sensible IMO. One things for sure we aren't buying success

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
The key to our success is to to keep the nucleus of this team for next season, wholesale changes could lead to the team taking 6 months to settle especially as we will be moving to The Amex. Poyet has stated that he wants 6 0r 7 players to sign, these will not all necessarily be first team signings, Norwich, Leeds and Millwalls success has not come about through loads of new signings but consistency and astute additions. We do need a striker or maybe 2 , cover at full back, a top central defender to put constant pressure on Al Abd and Greer and a game changing flair player. Don't forget we are the champions and out performed a lot of bigger clubs, we are a confident team and when we take that to the championship it will push us towards the initial target of becoming an established championship club.

astevens76

Jan 22, 2010
Bristol
More than happy with a Mid Table finish (whilst looking the best footballing side in the division!). Although I wouldn't be too shocked if we have a bit of a Play Off push if Gus gets the players in that he wants and can keep the likes of Bennett.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here