Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Exiles and season tickets

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I have been wondering how many supporters like myself who live far away from Brighton will actually be getting a season ticket for The Amex?

I keep toying with the idea but there are a few things against it.

1. Unemployed at the moment so dont know what the future holds, so difficult to make a comittment.
2. Whatever the future holds I most certainly would not be able to make EVERY home game, would I be able to sell on my ticket (probably 2 as the good lady would want one, and i like to give her one :))
3. With the cost of fuel and everything else rising, each visit would be very expensive, not worked it out exactly but even the severn bridge costs are rising, almost monthly!!

I'm sure there are other issues i have not thought about, so come on you exiles let me know your thoughts and intentions.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Hitony,

That it why I feel a season ticket co-op thing could work (see my ask the club ), you could buy half a season say 12 home games a year or quater 6 home games a year. The club could make it work, it wont be difficult to operate, with clearly difined rules before full season ticket holders panic, So when a big sellout is expected they would have every game anyway, and then 1/2 season ticket holders would get next seats, 1/4 next and then pay on the day. It would show commitment from fans bringing in revenue etc. Win Win

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
Watford do a "75 Milers" season ticket for fans who live more than 75 miles from the ground. This gives 15 matches at season ticket rates. I have put this on "Ask The Club", but I don't expect a positive response, for geographical reasons Watford have to work much harder to attract fans than The Albion, and appear to have a more sophisticated ticketing system. I live around 80 miles from the Amex and I've reluctantly decided not to have a season ticket as I'm pretty sure I can't get home after evening games, from Withdean I've twice not got home until 3.00am and spent a fortune on taxi fares, and I'm too old to run for trains now.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
Hitony,

That it why I feel a season ticket co-op thing could work (see my ask the club ), you could buy half a season say 12 home games a year or quater 6 home games a year. The club could make it work, it wont be difficult to operate, with clearly difined rules before full season ticket holders panic, So when a big sellout is expected they would have every game anyway, and then 1/2 season ticket holders would get next seats, 1/4 next and then pay on the day. It would show commitment from fans bringing in revenue etc. Win Win

I had already seen your question on ATC, seems a good idea, be interesting to see the reply, although at this stage of the game i expect it will be along the lines of "I will put your suggestion to the club" which is probably all that can be done at this moment in time, I'm sure any other arrangements for season tickets will be on hold until they are aware of total sold for the whole season of 2011 / 2012, but still a good idea for the future.
It looks like you live in Brighton, so what is your reasoning for a season ticket co-op system?

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
Watford do a "75 Milers" season ticket for fans who live more than 75 miles from the ground. This gives 15 matches at season ticket rates. I have put this on "Ask The Club", but I don't expect a positive response, for geographical reasons Watford have to work much harder to attract fans than The Albion, and appear to have a more sophisticated ticketing system. I live around 80 miles from the Amex and I've reluctantly decided not to have a season ticket as I'm pretty sure I can't get home after evening games, from Withdean I've twice not got home until 3.00am and spent a fortune on taxi fares, and I'm too old to run for trains now.

Evening games would be a complete no no for us really and i would expect there to be more evening games at The Amex, obviously Withdean has it's restrictions

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Only London so a very small exiler... however I will only be able to get to weekend games, and although I don't want to sell on my ticket for the midweek games I can't attend, I want to be able to let my mates use it... just need to find out how they'll be able to do it?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I had already seen your question on ATC, seems a good idea, be interesting to see the reply, although at this stage of the game i expect it will be along the lines of "I will put your suggestion to the club" which is probably all that can be done at this moment in time, I'm sure any other arrangements for season tickets will be on hold until they are aware of total sold for the whole season of 2011 / 2012, but still a good idea for the future.
It looks like you live in Brighton, so what is your reasoning for a season ticket co-op system?

As I put on ask the club, I work 1 in 3 saturdays, and have a young daughter and my wife travels upto London everyday for work so "sometimes weekends need to be spent together Blah. Blah, Blah" you get the picture if your married you will !!

I bought one, despite living in the arse end of nowhere in rural Spain and only rarely going back to UK. But as this guarantees me a seat at the first game and as I have been supporting the Albion since 1959 I was NOT going to miss out, no matter what it cost.

Mind you, as an old fart, it's only 30 odd quid a month, so even if I only see a few games a year it will be worth it, as one of them will be the first game at Falmer.

I bought one, despite living in the arse end of nowhere in rural Spain and only rarely going back to UK. But as this guarantees me a seat at the first game and as I have been supporting the Albion since 1959 I was NOT going to miss out, no matter what it cost.

Mind you, as an old fart, it's only 30 odd quid a month, so even if I only see a few games a year it will be worth it, as one of them will be the first game at Falmer.

if you joined a world net work of brighton fans you could buy into a couple of tickets on a time share basis? lets link all supporters clubs world wide???

GrahamH65

May 19, 2009
I'm hoping to get one, as I want to be there for the first game. Although I live in Bristol, I was brought up in Lancing, where I still have family, so I'm looking to pay them a visit on home game weekends. I'll also be booking train tickets early to get the cheap singles for other Saturday games. No way I can get back to Bristol after an evening game, so I'll have to give them a miss.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
I'm hoping to get one, as I want to be there for the first game. Although I live in Bristol, I was brought up in Lancing, where I still have family, so I'm looking to pay them a visit on home game weekends. I'll also be booking train tickets early to get the cheap singles for other Saturday games. No way I can get back to Bristol after an evening game, so I'll have to give them a miss.

Shirley you mean "Returns"??

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I live in North Wales and have a season ticket this year to guarantee one for Falmer. I obviously won't be attending every game but its the only way of ensuring I get to the games I want to see.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Could you buy a season ticket with someone you know from the Brighton area and share the matches? Must be a lot of people in Brighton who can't afford a full season (or can't get to all the games) but who want a piece of the action? Having said that, the monthly payment plan is making it easier for a lot of people to commit to a season ticket I suspect.

I had a big cut in my income in 2009 so know exactly what you mean about costs. £40/m doesn't feel like a lot if you are working, but if you're not, it's another £40 you can't afford.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005

Logistically might make this difficult, but will you try and sell on any unused tickets?

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
Having said that, the monthly payment plan is making it easier for a lot of people to commit to a season ticket I suspect.

I had a big cut in my income in 2009 so know exactly what you mean about costs. £40/m doesn't feel like a lot if you are working, but if you're not, it's another £40 you can't afford.

If it was just me, I would almost definatly have a ST and either try and sell on the unused tickets or just accept it, but it would have to be 2 as my wife is a massive football supporter as some will know who see us at away games, so to double up on it all would be a cost I can not afford or justify.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I thought about buying one and then letting some kind of charity use the seat for home matches for a kid or someone who might not normally have the chnace to go due to costs. The year I finally get over to see a few matches I'll probably do that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here