Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Exeter - Reading - Karma

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
They won the Simod Cup at Wembley in 1988. Beat Luton 4-1. In front of, ooh, 500,000 people I think. Greatest day in their history don't you know. Very indimidating.

they couldn't defend their silverware the next year.
They got relegated that season.

Jul 20, 2003
the refusal to pay off the debt is EXACTLY the sort of thing that normally makes me dislike a club, but in this instance I just can't seem to get worked up - why do Reading generate such APATHY?

Jul 20, 2003
Ex Shelton Seagull said:
They won the Simod Cup at Wembley in 1988. Beat Luton 4-1. In front of, ooh, 500,000 people I think. Greatest day in their history don't you know. Very indimidating.

they couldn't defend their silverware the next year.
They got relegated that season.

that's the one

I shared a house with a Reading supporter for a couple of years in the early 90s and he had some recollection of some trophy or other

(I say Reading supporter, he was a Saints fan, but he lived in Reading)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
pevenseagull said:
the refusal to pay off the debt is EXACTLY the sort of thing that normally makes me dislike a club, but in this instance I just can't seem to get worked up - why do Reading generate such APATHY?
Obviously their fans have INTIMIDATED you into being apathetic.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That must be, without doubt, the most WASTED stadium in the country. By rights it should be an intimidating cauldron of noise and hatred raining down from its all-enclosed steeply banked stands. It is undoubtedly one of the best grounds outside of the Premiership.

And its bloody wasted on a bunch of lily-livered, apathetic, bespectacled geeks who only got interested in football 4 years ago, and just pop along to the match while their mums shop for their socks and y-fronts in the town centre. Reading fans wouldn't know an atmosphere if it anally raped them at their 14th birthday party, and they'll make more noise at a Microsoft trade exhibition.

If there was any justice in the world, the Madejski stadium would be moved lock-stock from its grotty M4 location, dropped directly onto Falmer village, and instantly renamed the "f*** YOU" Arena.

Last edited:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Easy 10 said:
That must be, without doubt, the most WASTED stadium in the country. By rights it should be an intimidating cauldron of noise and hatred raining down from its all-enclosed steeply banked stands. It is undoubtedly one of the best grounds outside of the Premiership.

And its bloody wasted on a bunch of lily-livered, apathetic, bespectacled geeks who only got interested in football 4 years ago, and just pop along to the match while their mums shop for their socks and y-fronts in the town centre. Reading fans wouldn't know an atmosphere if it anally raped them at their 14th birthday party, and they'll make more noise at a Microsoft trade exhibition.

If there was any justice in the world, the Madejsski stadium would be moved lock-stock from its grotty M4 location, dropped directly onto Falmer village, and renamed the "f*** YOU" Arena.

I think you summed it up a treat there.

Easy 10 said:

If there was any justice in the world, the Madejski stadium would be moved lock-stock from its grotty M4 location, dropped directly onto Falmer village, and instantly renamed the "f*** YOU" Arena.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Easy 10 said:

:lolol: :clap2: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Bunch of wankers for what they said to Exeter then, cant believe they would rather get their money and watch a club almost go extinct and what not.....f***ing disgrace :angry:

Incidently I just worked out Readings average home attendence for all home games (league & cups) so far this season:

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Easy 10 said:

Without doubt, one of the best posts I've ever read. Anywhere. :clap2:

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Typical of Reading. They had already lured Exeters manager to be the clubs new Academy director, without paying compensation! He did not have a full time contract due to Exeters financial situation.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
CrabtreeBHA said:
Incidently I just worked out Readings average home attendence for all home games (league & cups) so far this season:

to quote myself, that figure includes away support too

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here