Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Exeter doing a Blackpool

The French Mistress

Jun 24, 2007
Kept sayiny tonight on Sky how Exeter 'rested' 8 players on Saturday. Is that legal, bearing in mind who they were playing and the fact they lost?:wrong:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Fuckers that could cost US!!!!

BASINGSTOKESEAGULL

Jul 26, 2010
Quite interesting to see what the FA do with this, if they are consistent within in their approach they would also fine Exeter, 'for fielding a weakened team' against Huddersfield, if they don't, Blackpool have every right to be incensed.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Quite interesting to see what the FA do with this, if they are consistent within in their approach they would also fine Exeter, 'for fielding a weakened team' against Huddersfield, if they don't, Blackpool have every right to be incensed.

The FA did not fine Blackpool, the Premier League did.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
They should be fined. A full strength Exeter side gave us and Southampton a run for out money on their ground. I thought it was odd that they capitulated so easily against Huddersfield.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
to be fair, they had 2 games in three days, and this was a chance to get to Wembley. and they played at least 6 of the same players, just started the same three.

The French Mistress

Jun 24, 2007
FA and consistent in same sentence !! Shame we get nowt out of it. Mind you, looking at them tonight, difficult to tell who the rested players were!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
As Stoo pointed out, it's the Premier League that fined Blackpool (and Wolves), not the FA. Or the Football League. Three different bodies. Is there any rule like the PL have in the football league?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I don't actually blame them for doing this and feel it is all part and parcel of football. Huddersfield were lucky in that they played a weakened Exeter side - them's the breaks.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Can't really complain, I backed Brighton to play weak team against Stoke before the Plymouth game was moved. Also believe clubs should be able to use their squads as they see fit

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
I went to the game Saturday and Exeter were unfortunate to loose, they had numerous chances first half and had they taken one they would almost certainly have gone on to win the game as Huddersfield looked very poor. Bringing on Cadamarteri completely changed the game and Hudds were on fire for 20 minutes or so and took the chances they created.

I didn't know they had made the changes until I read this thread, perhaps it explains why their best player from Saturday (Rob Edwards in midfield) wasn't on the pitch tonight?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Maybe that home defeat will contribute to their eventual relegation? A fitting punishment. Weakened sides in cup games are the norm these days-but should not be used in league games.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
The only rule is that 6 (I think) of your starting team have to be classed as first team regulars.

If they've done that, then they've done nothing wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here