Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Excuse my ignorance but why are teenagers pretending to be wannabee gangsters!!!

ukade

Oct 7, 2003
Please excuse my ignorance but every single teenager that I see these days is either

1) Wearing a baseball cap

or

2) Wearing a hoody

And why the hell is it everytime they speak, they sound so bloody common and talk as though they are living in some sort of ghetto.
It's really cheesy when you see it in places like Newhaven and really winds me up. Am I just getting old or does anyone else think that teenagers have no respect anymore and walk around pretending to be wannabee gangsters and think that they are living in some sort of east side west side confrontation and also think that we are all f***ing stupid and uncool.

I hate to say it, but it's the fashion at the moment. Kids look up to their idols, who happen to be the likes of Eminem, etc. They look like they want to steal your wallet but they are actually kids wearing what's in fashion.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I'll echo BB's sentiments.

I actually quite like the style, the shoes they wear nowadays are top banana.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
i wear a hoodie , i'm a youngster , i don't want to be a gangster

the main reason for hoodies is because there thibker then jumpers

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
It's coz all da kidz iz blingin' innit, ya crazy mo fo. Baseball caps and hoodies are phat.
Now me and me homey are off to cruise by da honeys outside the event in me Vauxhall Nova.

Muppets.

Fluffster

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham
I wear a hoody and a cap most of the time, do i want to be a gangster? NO! All you're doing is stereotyping and it's absolute bollocks... it's called "fashion".

Trotster

Jul 9, 2003
Threshers
I watched a Documentary last night on 4 about teenagers and they all spoke like the had just come out of the 'hood'!! i nearly threw something at teh telly - dont they realise how stupid they sound - Chislas:angry:

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
I think the problem is that it is ' American ' fashion, not UK fashion.

We don't play ' rounders ' in this country, so why do so many people want to wear the clothes.

Every Baseball cap has ' NY ' or ' Bears ' or the name of some other American Institution.

UK fashion consists of, well what exactly, at the moment ?

There's no punk, no Mods, no New Romantics, nothing original being created amongst our culture. Maybe a few Goths and that's it.

Even ' Britpop ' didn't create any kind of fashion.

If you want to wear sporting gear, wear an Albion shirt.

Why do our youth want to look like someone out of the Bronx ?

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
I think you're getting old mate! I used to look and sound like a twat when I as a teenager!

Some say I still do...

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
get back to your own side of 8 mile ! be-yach

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
34064 Fighter Command said:
I think the problem is that it is ' American ' fashion, not UK fashion.

We don't play ' rounders ' in this country, so why do so many people want to wear the clothes.

Every Baseball cap has ' NY ' or ' Bears ' or the name of some other American Institution.

UK fashion consists of, well what exactly, at the moment ?

There's no punk, no Mods, no New Romantics, nothing original being created amongst our culture. Maybe a few Goths and that's it.

Even ' Britpop ' didn't create any kind of fashion.

If you want to wear sporting gear, wear an Albion shirt.

Why do our youth want to look like someone out of the Bronx ?

I agree, at some point in the 90's, earlyish, UK music died, UK fasion died, UK Art died and UK comedy died. Labour got in and called it cool britania and the Young Country, says it all really.

There REALLY is a dearth of creative talent in the UK at the moment, ive never known US bands rule our charts we used to rule theirs. It isn't a generation thing though I like some new bands, nickleback effervesance(spelling).

Christ! I'm actually agreeing with FC?:ohmy:

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I wear hodies a lot and the simple reaosn is they are comfortable and practicle and I look like f***ing Gangsta.....

Reeespec Innit

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here