Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Exclusive! (Coppell turns down Reading according to The Sun)

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
Exclusive!

Coppell turns down Reading (well The Sun thinks so anyway)!

I live in hope.

Let's make ourselves heard today everyone!:clap2:

Fluffster

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham
And i've never been one to doubt the truth of the Sun... :lol:

Still, it's a small glimmer of hope, let's get behind him today!!!

STEVIE COPPELS BLUE N WHITE ARMY!

If ( ? ) true, then IMO there needs to be some kind of statement from the club BEFORE today's game. People are starting to fall into pro and anti camps already. The team needs our support today, not faction fighting in the South stand.

Then again?......It was in the Sun!.. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Re: Exclusive!

TC said:
Coppell turns down Reading (well The Sun thinks so anyway)!

I live in hope.

Let's make ourselves heard today everyone!:clap2:

The interview with him currently running on SSN doesn't really give any clues and he definitely hasn't said during it that he's turned Reading down.

He was, however, still referring to us as "Us" and "We" and talked about wanting to end the current run on a high-going on to explain that 7 games in 21 days has taken its toll on the squad and he wants the 7 game spell ended with a win which is quite hopeful.

This interview was being aired last night well before The Scum went to press so methinks they're making it up-much as they did in Friday's edition with their "Coppell to be unveiled today as new Royals boss".

It's The Scum and I don't believe a word printed in that rag except for "Our page 3 lovely Zoe is from Kingston and this lovely 21 year old desperately wants to shag David Beckham".

Windmill

Jul 6, 2003
Tadley, Nr Reading
He could be using it as a negotiating ploy to extract a better contract from Mr Moneybags.

I've just been onto the Reading site, they are a little jumpy about the delay, and are also making comparisons between this and the Pardew debacle.

Seems that some of the Reading fans have more scruples than their board - but I guess I shouldn't be surprised at that.

Still, here's hoping....

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
wouldn't it be lovely if he did snub em and stayed with us.i would feel a little bit of compensation for the sidwell saga.

go on steve snub the greasy haired twat.:lolol:

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
Lets hope it may be true and he really wants to be at a decent football club rather then go to the insignificant little throw back on the M4.But I have my doubts.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
My 10 year old son has just come in and set it's been announced on Southern FM that Coppell's turned down Reading. Couldn't agree personal terms apparently.

Source = Ten year old boy half-listening to radio - treat with caution.

scott said:
we are vale super vale from the park

Scott. Is there any point to you?

Brovian said:
My 10 year old son has just come in and set it's been announced on Southern FM that Coppell's turned down Reading. Couldn't agree personal terms apparently.

Source = Ten year old boy half-listening to radio - treat with caution.

More reliable than most of the "I've got a mate who knows one of the players..." types, I would think.

Having said that, I've heard from a mate the same thing. Apparently Madejski's offer of minimum wage plus a free copy of Autotrader every week wasn't well received.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here