Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

excellent

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
full off piss is what I heard as well :D

50 CENT BOOED OFFSTAGE IN A RAIN OF PLASTIC BOTTLES

50 CENT was dramatically booed off stage tonight at the CARLING WEEKEND: READING festival (August 29).

The rapper was pelted with a shower of plastic bottles from the angry crowd, and even had a camping chair thrown at him, forcing the star to walk off after just twenty five minutes of his Main Stage set.

50 and his G-Unit crew were hit by a rain of bottles as they came onstage, and they even started to pick up the missiles and hurl them back towards the front rows.

Chants of “50 Cent is a wanker” were heard and the group were jeered and heckled throughout the short appearance.

Attempting to placate the thousands of people, the rapper said: “We’re just all here to have fun”, and even taunted them by challenging them to all put their middle fingers in the air.

One festival goer told NME.COM: “What was he even doing up there? It was the worst thing I’ve ever seen.”

After playing hits including ’In Da Club’, ’21 Questions’ and ’P.I.M.P’, 50 thanked the crowd and promptly walked off.

The star started his set at 8.10pm, twenty minutes earlier than scheduled, and left at 8.35pm. According to the stage times, he was due to play between 8.30pm and 9.30pm.

Apart from The Streets, 50 was the only rap act on today’s Main Stage bill on a day dominated by hard rock bands, including Placebo, Lostprophets and Dropkick Murphys.

The Rasmus also suffered a similar fate when they walked offstage today after being pelted by plastic bottles.

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
Lush said:
"Rap" is a generic term for ALL artists who can't sing.

:p

I agree. Rap by and large is extremely tedious

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
:lolol: 50 cent is a wanker....marvelous

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
Lush said:
Dunno. Do you release records of you spouting sixth-form poetry, repeating certain lines in order to make a chorus?

Sounds like Ian Dury - but everyone knew he was a GENIUS!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
But nothing will ever beat the time Daphne & Celeste were inexplicably put on the Reading Festival line-up. They lasted mere seconds as an incredible 'Shock & Awe' barrage of piss-filled bottles rained down on the stage. Marvellous.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
even better

THE RASMUS have walked off stage at CARLING WEEKEND: READING after being pelted with bottles and mud.

Eyewitnesses at the gig have told NME.COM that as soon as the band came on stage, objects started flying towards where they were playing. One fan had a banner which read ’Burn The Rasmus’.

A fan claimed: “People were throwing bottles and mud. There was so much shit on the stage! A few bars into ’Guilty’ they stopped playing a walked off stage, which was within the first couple of songs.”

A spokesperson for the group told NME.COM the decision to leave the stage was made after bassist Eero was “hit in the eye”. :lolol:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I'd pay good money to see Coldplay given the same treament

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Anybody (else) REALLY old who remembers Reading in, ooh 1976 or 77? (Can't remember the exact year but it was VERY muddy). Wayne County and the Electric Chairs. They did two songs: "If you don't want to f*ck me baby then f*ck off" and "Cream in my jeans". They were quite awful and were very properly canned off the stage.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here