Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Excellent, Smithers

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
And next season, should we be promoted as champions under the management of Gus Poyet, I can only cross my fingers and hope that Leeds will be right there on our coat tails. It would almost ruin any promotion party of ours if Leeds were to make a mess of it yet again and fail to join us into the top half of the football pyramid.

I would never be so presumptuous as to deny the mighty Leeds the title of Champions next season. Even if we did win the League, I hope Gus would do the decent thing and proclaim Leeds as "the TRUE Champions", and deliver the trophy to Elland Road forthwith.

Its only right.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Thank goodness Leeds won last night. Five points clear now, that well deserved promotion is now so close they could probably touch it.

Well done Leeds. Please don't f*** it up.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
A sad night for football last night.

Sadly it means that if Colchester win tonight, there will be 4 teams within 5 points of one of the 5 biggest clubs in the WORLD, down here in little old division 3.

I know we'd all hate to see Leeds f*** it up yet again. :down:

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
A sad night for football last night.

Sadly it means that if Colchester win tonight, there will be 4 teams within 5 points of one of the 5 biggest clubs in the WORLD, down here in little old division 3.

I know we'd all hate to see Leeds f*** it up yet again. :down:

I was so sick with worry last night that I could hardly sleep. How dare little teams like Millwall, Swindon and Colchester get so close to the mighty whites.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Wise words. I didn't get a wink of sleep. I really feel for football men like Ken Bates (a national treasure), who has pumped his millions into a national institution such as Leeds United, and could quite possibly have to watch third division crap for yet another year meaning he won't be able to sell on for the sort of hugely inflated sum he richly deserves.

So so sad.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What is unfolding now at Elland Road is nothing short of a national tragedy. If there's any justice in this cruel, cruel game, then Leeds would have that 15 point deduction from 2007/08 handed back to them RIGHT NOW. That would put them top, 18 points clear of 3rd place with only 9 games to go. Surely even Leeds couldn't go and f*** that up.

Actually, second thoughts, best give them the 10 points back from the end of the preceding season as well just to be sure. That way they also get the satisfaction of some silverware to parade, which for a club of their size, former European Champions no less, is of course only right.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
If Leeds do go up it will be a tremendous pity. After all the ONLY game worth going to see in the league at Withdean is our " cup final " against the MIGHTY Leeds United. To think a team as glorious, steeped in tradition and one of the top 5 football teams in Europe would grace Withdean. I almost had to pinch myself with disbelief and excitement when I saw the White shirts at Withdean.

One can only hope if they do go up we will follow them next season to allow us the glory of playing them in the championship at Falmer.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Dreadful news. Waccoe appears to have gone "members only". No longer can you pop over and console the poor fans of that huge and wonderful football club.

I can only assume some unpleasant types have been bombarding their board with "we are the chokers, chokers of Europe" type posts, utterly ruining it with spam. I know, I know. Why oh why would people choose to do that to such long suffering supporters? But sadly it seems that they did. :(

It's a shame, because I wanted to leave "Deductions" a consoling message of my own.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
They also deserve to be handed the Champion's league trophy when they gain first place. If they do not gain first place it will be an abomination, how can clubs like Swindon be in touching distance? Or teams like Colchester? The biggest club in the whole wide world should not be disgraced like this. The premier league should re instate them with immediate effect.

Lush

Mods' Pet
I tell you who I feel sorriest for. This man.

chrismoyles.jpg

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Another terrible day for football. :nono:

Come on Leeds - please don't f*** it up now. *snigger*

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Another terrible day for football. :nono:

Tis true, the terrible result for the MIGHTY Leeds has quite taken the shine off the victory for us today......in fact, I seem to recall the start of their woes coincided with our current run of form and thus demand Gus restructures the team, re-signs Graeme Smith and builds a formation around the lynchpin of Colin Hawkins so that Leeds may have a chance to regain their RIGHTFUL position at the top pf the League.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here