Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Excellent match report from Watford perspective

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Really makes a pleasant change to have a match report written by somebody who is actually a football fan. Thought it was a smashing write-up.
The only other one I enjoyed reading was the guy from Carlisle last season.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
This is true. We might not have hit our usual standards last night, but it's worth remembering just how SEXY those standards now are compared to hoofball teams like Watford. Even on a bad night, we can still knock the ball around a right treat.

Well said.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I thought Watford were far from hoofball, they played some lovely football on the deck, let's not be dilussional here and also patronising.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Perhaps reminds us that actually, we weren't THAT bad last night?

We've come to expect pretty high standards, pretty quickly.

Crazy isn't it. For him to write: "we were repeatedly in desperate trouble against opponents who’ve mastered pass-and-move football worthy of a higher level", when most thought we were WELL below par is really quite a compliment.

I thought Watford were far from hoofball, they played some lovely football on the deck, let's not be dilussional here and also patronising.

Indeed, the game was played a frantic pace from start to finish and full credit to Watford for it.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
If the writer of that isn't making a living out of writing he bloody well should be! Very, very impressive prose.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
As a piece of journalism, it is very good. As a match report I think he is overstating our quality last night..

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I like the idea, but I'm not sure I'm happy about BHAFC being a prostitute, high class or not. I like to think of her more as a naturally beautiful lady who has had some heartbreak. She's been f***ed about by a few men, but she seems to be over it now. She'll still go out with a dodgy frock on or without doing her hair, but underneath we all know we love going round her house and just gazing at her beauty now she's back on her feet.

We are probably in the £ 100 - £ 150 bracket I would say.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Nosworthy did a brilliant bit of defending on CMS last night on the half-way line. The ball was played into CMS and Nosworthy - right behind CMS put his arms under CMS's forearms and lifted. At the moment when CMS should have been controlling the ball he was slightly off the ground and off balance, and mis-controlled it. He had no opportunity to fall forward and claim a foul as Nosworthy simply put him back on the ground again. I only noticed as it was right in front of us.

And that Deeney lad was a strong boy. El Abd could not shift him.

A really entertaining evening.

Dec 29, 2011
however they WERE dirty, shame he has a blind spot about that. They were constantly leaving the foot in

If you were in the West Stand you'd have seen Barnes studding one of their players in about the 80th minute in the groin. Absolutely disgusting behaviour and another ref could have given a red for that.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither

Watford were on the box last season is a game where I think thy were supposed to be the cannon-fodder. They played some of the best football - I think Mr Buckley came on as sub. Last night I thought they mixed it up - same as we did. When it came to the passing I do think we were better. And when it cam to the hoof (I mean long pass) they were bigger and better.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
If you were in the West Stand you'd have seen Barnes studding one of their players in about the 80th minute in the groin. Absolutely disgusting behaviour and another ref could have given a red for that.

Barnes does need to get a grip. In the incident where we thought the ref was going to red-card their player as soon as it registered Barnes was involved we were not quite so indignant. He was diving all over the place last night, and if he wasn't - that is what people will think when you have a reputation.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009

That was unpleasent and I thought Barnes was going to get at least a card.

The two incidents I remember from them was the slap which I didn't really see and also one of their players kicked out at one of ours down the side line in the second half. It wasn't particularly vicious but would have been a sending off if the Ref had seen it.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

The two incidents I remember from them was the slap which I didn't really see and also one of their players kicked out at one of ours down the side line in the second half. It wasn't particularly vicious but would have been a sending off if the Ref had seen it.

It's certainly the sort of nonsense we've seen red cards for for our players this season.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

I think thats when I shouted out at the ref to send him off !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here