Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Excellent Atmosphere last night

• Thread starter Deleted member 22389
  • Start date

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
And the fact that the TV company can have the effects as loud or as quiet as they want. Sounds like the sound balance wasn't quite right - it doesn't necessarily reflect the atmosphere in the ground.

I have heard that it is true that when fans sing certain songs they alter the microphones so those watching cant hear.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Trying to get any type of singing going in East Upper is like trying to resurrect the dead...
Don't get me wrong, there are pockets of fans that make a great effort.
BUT
most of the people around me can be divided into two types -

Those that look like they're sitting in front of the telly watching a drama.
Those that sit motionless & emotionless; really ought to be constantly checked for a pulse.

Real shame... :(

And I don't get the parents that don't encourage their kids to sing.... :nono:

Agree with everything you say. Although the old fella next to me outsang and outshouted me!! I'm only just getting my voice back now. I like to see the kids and dads to be honest but one bloke kept putting his hands over his sons ears when it got a bit sweary. When we changed from W/L to E/U the six of us didnt think we would have so many young uns around us. But to be fair other than having to try to mind our language its not too bad. Last night despite it being an exciting game a few need poking with a stick to see if they are still in the land of the living!:)

Baaaald

3rd time lucky
Aug 7, 2011
Haywards Heath
The North Stand was out sung by the away fans AGAIN! Poor effort boys.

Just wish we could get the North Stand - East Stand - West Stand - South Stand Brighton boys chant organised. It would sound unreal and would get all the fans engaged in the chant.

WHY? That is the worst chant I have ever heard at a football ground. Be much better if everyone could sing something together at the same time!!! Key word being together rather than against each other!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The North Stand was out sung by the away fans AGAIN! Poor effort boys.

They were only noisy when they scored and the penalty save, maybe once or twice more towards the end of the game. Last year they were 50 times louder.

Did seem to be quite a few coming out the closet last night though.

LAMBRETTA MAN

Feb 5, 2012
Totally - It was alright as a bit of a laugh for the first few games LAST season but soon got tiresome. It's cringeworthy now. I like 'Go Left' but didn't hear it last night - sounds good now more people are joining in.
Cause the Judge was away , back on tuesday .....

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Agree with everything you say. Although the old fella next to me outsang and outshouted me!! I'm only just getting my voice back now. I like to see the kids and dads to be honest but one bloke kept putting his hands over his sons ears when it got a bit sweary. When we changed from W/L to E/U the six of us didnt think we would have so many young uns around us. But to be fair other than having to try to mind our language its not too bad. Last night despite it being an exciting game a few need poking with a stick to see if they are still in the land of the living!:)

Yes we have the same problem where we are sitting in ESU.

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
A few in the North Stand tried to get a new one going last night and for once it was actually quite catchy and didn't sound like it was imported straight from Selhurst! Im all for old style simple Albion songs that are traditional but if a few give this one a go it may catch on!

D

Deleted member 18477

Atmosphere was good last night, but still could do better. The East have been very subdued the last few games. We really could have done with them getting involved more, especially when the tackles are flying in in front of them; there was a foul on one of our players last night right by the East touchline that wasn't given just before their second goal and not a peep from them as it happened or after. Also, I still scratch my head why some people actually go to football - a couple of blokes 2 seats away from me got up and walked in front of me to go for a pie at the exact moment we were taking a corner just before half time, totally obscuring my view of the action. Surely you can't be that desparate for food? Unbelievable.

Ohh yea some people are FAT fucks!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I went to the Leeds game last year (3-3) and that was as loud / louder than anything I have been to anywhere - I have been to over 50/55 league grounds. The West Stand that night was louder than anything I have heard anywhere. I also went to a couple of lesser fixtures and there was an ok atmosphere that was as good as anything anywhere for a standard game. The Amex is as loud as the goldstone in full cry.. and I prefer the goldstone to the Amex. The "buz" around the ground is as good as anywhere also, but its different as Brighton has a buz of big time these days, which brings a different atmosphere.

Amex is TEN times louder than Goldstone ever was when it really gets going. Complete rosetinted from most people about Goldstone - only a group in the North Stand sang, the West, East and South were all complete libraries.

D

Deleted member 18477

Nothing wrong in being fat, it's that we love our food and Id expect Mr bloom loves us fat pie eating fuckers more than you realise.

The thing that i find strangest about fat fuckers is that they let food ruin their lives. Miss valuable minutes of a football match just to fill the fat pie hole? Jesus Christ! Could have just waited till half time! Or does the extra few minutes allow you to ram 2 pies down instead of 1?

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Amex is TEN times louder than Goldstone ever was when it really gets going. Complete rosetinted from most people about Goldstone - only a group in the North Stand sang, the West, East and South were all complete libraries.

Yes very true.

Also most home crowds are pretty quiet compared to ours. I thought Friday was awesome at times.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yes very true.

Also most home crowds are pretty quiet compared to ours. I thought Friday was awesome at times.

Yup. I'm sure people forget that it's normal for an away fan to be louder than your average home fan.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Trying to get any type of singing going in East Upper is like trying to resurrect the dead...
Don't get me wrong, there are pockets of fans that make a great effort.
BUT
most of the people around me can be divided into two types -

Those that look like they're sitting in front of the telly watching a drama.
Those that sit motionless & emotionless; really ought to be constantly checked for a pulse.

Real shame... :(

And I don't get the parents that don't encourage their kids to sing.... :nono:

You do realise that some fans go along to games with the sole purpose to watch the game?
Not every fan wants/needs to sing at at a game for some its part of the experience, for other it isn't.
In the same way i understand some fans can't go and watch a game without alchaol being consumed, perhaps the two are linked.

LAMBRETTA MAN

Feb 5, 2012
You do realise that some fans go along to games with the sole purpose to watch the game?
Not every fan wants/needs to sing at at a game for some its part of the experience, for other it isn't.
In the same way i understand some fans can't go and watch a game without alchaol being consumed, perhaps the two are linked.
you can watch a game while singing mate , just as some can watch a game and talk bollocks...

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
you can watch a game while singing mate , just as some can watch a game and talk bollocks...

Yes i know, but i get the impression from this thread that some are surprised at it, someone commented that they tried to get some singing but were not joining in, some don't want to, but just watch the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here