Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Excellent Atmosphere last night

• Thread starter Deleted member 22389
  • Start date

D

Deleted member 22389

Let's hope Tuesday is the same. Bit gutted about the result but thought we played well. CMS was excellent as usual. Thought we dominated most of the match. Think it was Dobbie who came close towards the end, give it time eventually one will hit the back of the net. It just shows you what happens when we reserve the tables for a change and got at these teams from the off.

Last edited by a moderator:

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
The North Stand was out sung by the away fans AGAIN! Poor effort boys.

Just wish we could get the North Stand - East Stand - West Stand - South Stand Brighton boys chant organised. It would sound unreal and would get all the fans engaged in the chant.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Let's hope Tuesday is the same. Bit gutted about the result but thought we played well. CMS was excellent as usual. Thought we dominated most of the match. Think it was Dobbie who came close towards the end, give it time eventually one will hit the back of the net. It just shows you what happens when we reserve the tables for a change and got at these teams from the off.

He was his usual busy self but Buckley should been given MOM.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Nonsense, the North was the best I've heard it for ages. Leeds were very loud as usual. Best atmosphere at the Amex for a while. Friday night games seem to have a much better atmosphere than Tuesday nights, I assume it is down to alcohol.

Great noise from WSU - also heard North & South Stand but not East. Acoustics or all asleep over there?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Just wish we could get the North Stand - East Stand - West Stand - South Stand Brighton boys chant organised. It would sound unreal and would get all the fans engaged in the chant.

Would it not be better to sing in support of the team rather than at each other?

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
the only reason the atmosphere was like that last night because we scored 1st and then we got behind the team and i thought the leeds fans weren't as noisely as they were last season and i feel the atmosphere should be like last night all the time and i feel fanszone is a waste of time as we are all so quite

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Would it not be better to sing in support of the team rather than at each other?

Yes it would, that chant is getting very boring now. It's all a bit 'new football' if you know what I mean.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Yes but noise is noise,so in fact the more noise,the more support for the team. Players always talk about noise volumes not actual words that are sung.

D

Deleted member 22389

Yes but noise is noise,so in fact the more noise,the more support for the team. Players always talk about noise volumes not actual words that are sung.

That's right. I don't know how many interviews on Seagulls Player I have watched where the player mentions the noise.

LAMBRETTA MAN

Feb 5, 2012

Total bollox , no way ....

D

Deleted member 22389

I agree north stand, west, east, south shite....How about all inclusive...We are brighton! or Sussex by the sea at the right tempo.

Every single time Sussex by the sea goes out of tempo. It would sound excellent if everyone did it in time.

Dec 29, 2011

"North stand brighton boys" is the most tinpot chant ever, glad we only heard it once last night it seems to be fading out and the quicker the better

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Atmosphere was good last night, but still could do better. The East have been very subdued the last few games. We really could have done with them getting involved more, especially when the tackles are flying in in front of them; there was a foul on one of our players last night right by the East touchline that wasn't given just before their second goal and not a peep from them as it happened or after. Also, I still scratch my head why some people actually go to football - a couple of blokes 2 seats away from me got up and walked in front of me to go for a pie at the exact moment we were taking a corner just before half time, totally obscuring my view of the action. Surely you can't be that desparate for food? Unbelievable.

MACROBLUE

Jul 9, 2011
From the WSU the Leeds fans were very loud when they did sing. For some reason the North Stand can't sing with the same volume. Just cannot understand why 2000 away fans can be so much louder. Any ideas?

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
From the WSU the Leeds fans were very loud when they did sing. For some reason the North Stand can't sing with the same volume. Just cannot understand why 2000 away fans can be so much louder. Any ideas?

The South is a bit deeper in terms of seats is it not? Still not big but significant maybe. Although I totally understand why the stands behind the goals are small, I can't help wondering what the atmosphere would be like if we had a proper Kop end. Hopefully when the North corners go in it'll improve a bit.

Feb 14, 2010
I went to the Leeds game last year (3-3) and that was as loud / louder than anything I have been to anywhere - I have been to over 50/55 league grounds. The West Stand that night was louder than anything I have heard anywhere. I also went to a couple of lesser fixtures and there was an ok atmosphere that was as good as anything anywhere for a standard game. The Amex is as loud as the goldstone in full cry.. and I prefer the goldstone to the Amex. The "buz" around the ground is as good as anywhere also, but its different as Brighton has a buz of big time these days, which brings a different atmosphere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here