Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ex-Prem players and free kicks

Lush

Mods' Pet
Hope this doesn't come across as sour grapes - but does anyone else think that the teams and players coming down from the Prem are so much better at winning free kicks than us?

Sunderland had LOADS yesterday - and I can't believe they were all genuine fouls by our lads.

They just seem to better at making it look like a free kick. Currie can do it - but Leon makes too much of a meal of it and gets NOTHING.

What do you think?

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
That kind of thing is more important at the higher levels where the standard is so high that any small advantage can make the difference so yes it probably is true.

Though having said that the Crewe players the other week were also pretty good at it and none of them to my knowledge have ever played in the Prem.

STID

Oct 26, 2004
Sunderland
Hi mate, sounds like you all had a good day out yesterday, I was getting worried we would never score !
Anyway my post was in reply to premiership players winning free kicks, I think you will find not many of our current team came down from the premiership and have came from lower leagues.
Who would you say was our MOM yesterday ? I was surprised the supporters voted for Arca, mine was Lawrence by a mile.

STID

Oct 26, 2004
Sunderland
Oh forgot to say what fantastic support you have. Good luck getting your new stadium you deserve it with that support.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
samparish said:

Though having said that the Crewe players the other week were also pretty good at it and none of them to my knowledge have ever played in the Prem.
John Otsemobor, ex Liverpool and Bolton.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I thought Lawrence was pretty good, but had a habit of going sideways when he should head down the line. Arca was very skilful, both of them would be more than welcome at The Withdean, as will all the SAFC fans. Top day out and officially now my favourite stadium.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
If support was the only thing we needed we would have got it about 7 years ago. I just hope the wait is worth it in the end.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here