Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ex-Pompey striker fighting for his life...

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Former Portsmouth striker Dario Silva is fighting for his life following a car crash in Uruguay.

He lost control of the vehicle, which hit a row of street lights, and has since undergone emergency surgery.

_42125790_silva203.jpg

Striker Silva is battling serious leg and head injuries

The 33-year-old's doctor in the Montevideo hospital said: "The patient is under a pharmacological coma. Now, we are interested in saving his life."

Former Uruguay internationals Elbio Pappa and Dardo Pereira were also in the car but suffered minor injuries.

Silva was a member of Uruguay's 2002 World Cup squad and played 49 matches for his country, scoring 15 goals.

The striker left Portsmouth by mutual consent in February and was not attached to another club at the time of the accident.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Silva loses leg after crash

Uruguayan in coma after car accident

Staff and agencies
Monday September 25, 2006
Guardian Unlimited

Former Portsmouth striker Dario Silva has undergone emergency surgery to amputate his right leg after crashing his car into a column of street lights in Uruguay.

The 33-year-old and two other past Uruguayan internationals, Elbio Pappa and Dardo Pereira, were taken to hospital in Montevideo after the accident on the "Rambla", a Montevideo highway that fronts the River Plate Estuary, in the early hours of Sunday morning.

Authorities revealed that the impact sent Silva hurtling through a side window, knocking him unconscious and causing the bone in his right leg to break through the skin. Despite their best efforts to save the leg, surgeons were forced to amputate it.

Doctors said Silva has been placed in a medically-induced coma, after fracturing his skull and also suffering a severely broken leg. "The leg has suffered a very serious injury. The patient is under a pharmacological coma," said Dr Mario Cancela. "Now, we are interested in saving his life."
The other two players suffered only minor injuries.

Silva played 49 matches for the Uruguayan national team, scoring 15 goals, and played the 2002 World Cup in Korea and Japan. He is currently without a club after leaving Portsmouth in February.

A Fratton Park statement read: "Portsmouth football club would like to wish him a full and speedy recovery."

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
bristolseagull said:
Well,

we signed GNW- he had a false leg didnt he?
And Magoo, he had false documents that said he was a football manager

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here