Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ev's AMEX Morning Update - 10 Feb 11

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Lousy weather this morning, but that didn't stop me taking only 2 photos.
The only noticeable change was the insulation and outer cladding going up in the SW corner.

JS day tomorrow - weather permitting.

Attachments

• 100211 2.jpg
    100211 2.jpg
    866.5 KB · Views: 679
  • 100211 1.jpg
    100211 1.jpg
    596.6 KB · Views: 693

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I wonder how much difference insulating that part of the stadium makes, given that it is effectively an outside wall on both sides? I guess the insulation is there to negate the wind-chill effect getting into the arena itself?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
thanks for the pics

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Probably more to do with stopping those big panels making a noise. On a windy day the movement of the inner/outer panels would cause quite a racket? Could also be to do with stopping sound leeching from the stadium towards the Uni buildings.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
was there a reason for it?

Yes, the 'bunds' at either end were going to be redundant - effectively just grass hills at either end to help the stadium blend in with the surrounding area. However, by the time planning permission for the stadium had been granted the building regulations had changed, requiring the stadium to have a lot more internal space. Therefore turning the two grass-covered bunds into a part of the stadium was the most simple solution as it allowed for the internal size of the stadium to be massively increased without changing the planned footprint.

I believe this was all covered by the 'housekeeping' planning ammendments a couple of years ago.

I'm sure if I'm wrong somebody will correct me.

Edmonds44

Feb 9, 2011
Essex
Yes, the 'bunds' at either end were going to be redundant - effectively just grass hills at either end to help the stadium blend in with the surrounding area. However, by the time planning permission for the stadium had been granted the building regulations had changed, requiring the stadium to have a lot more internal space. Therefore turning the two grass-covered bunds into a part of the stadium was the most simple solution as it allowed for the internal size of the stadium to be massively increased without changing the planned footprint.

I believe this was all covered by the 'housekeeping' planning ammendments a couple of years ago.

I'm sure if I'm wrong somebody will correct me.

thank you a very informative response!

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I wonder how much difference insulating that part of the stadium makes, given that it is effectively an outside wall on both sides? I guess the insulation is there to negate the wind-chill effect getting into the arena itself?

Probably a silly question but why do they need to put rockwool insulation in there?

Just a guess, would it be to help absorb some sound escaping from the stadium?

Pretty sure clippedgull is right. All of those panels are listed in the plans as an "acoustic screen". There was a link on here ages ago about the company that's doing it, I had a look at their website and there's loads of info about how the make sound reflect back off of walls. I'm sure it's part of the planning permission that noise doesn't escape the stadium

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm liking those silver corrugated panels they're putting up in the 2nd pic. Very snazzy.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Pretty sure clippedgull is right. All of those panels are listed in the plans as an "acoustic screen". There was a link on here ages ago about the company that's doing it, I had a look at their website and there's loads of info about how the make sound reflect back off of walls. I'm sure it's part of the planning permission that noise doesn't escape the stadium

Found it

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
From that website it seems we will have the reflective barrier and not one which absorbs the noise, simply because the inner skin looks to be solid and not constructed with thousands of holes!
Obvious i know but at least the famous Amex roar will be contained inside the ground and not absorbed into the side walls

From that website it seems we will have the reflective barrier and not one which absorbs the noise, simply because the inner skin looks to be solid and not constructed with thousands of holes!
Obvious i know but at least the famous Amex roar will be contained inside the ground and not absorbed into the side walls

as of course will be the equally famous Amex grumbling. Good to know that Gus will be able to hear the advice being given to him from RowZZ LOUD and CLEAR

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I'm liking those silver corrugated panels they're putting up in the 2nd pic. Very snazzy.

It's the same with all the corners.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here