Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Everything just seems to be going so incredibly well, right now, that its almost...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
...like following a different club altogether.

Debutant blogger 'Blue' has penned a very good piece that sums up the way many are feeling right now: Fear of flying | North Stand Blog It won't be the worst way of spending 5 minutes you could find.

(I wasn't really intending to promote the blog directly on the board, but it resonates well with me and has received a few favourable comments already)

Enjoy.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I think because of what we have been through,we are/will appreciate whats happening more than any other club who has had good times.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
could we have a direct link to the blog site on the front page please and how does one go about submitting something? Never done one before but could be a fun way to pass some time and share some thoughts.

Reading that only adds to my deep sense of sadness and misery that i will miss the first game.

Hereford seems like a lifetime ago now.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
could we have a direct link to the blog site on the front page please and how does one go about submitting something? Never done one before but could be a fun way to pass some time and share some thoughts.

There's a link in the Navigation Bar near the top of the page - I concede it's not very prominent. I'm giving some thought as to how to improve that.

We've advertised for writers twice now (including the announcement still at the top of the Community Announcements forum) and have a fair few people who have joined the blogging team. I'm a bit reluctant to add any more now because, if everyone becomes prolific, the turnover of articles might be too fast and the good ones won't receive the attention they deserve.

However, I'll add you to a 'reserve list' because I fully expect that some of those who said "I'd like to do that" won't actually get round tow writing anything, in which case someone else can have a go.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Only found the Blog site by accident the other day, have added to favourites but a link somewhere on the big board would be a good way of promoting it rather than relying on people stumbling across it when looking at the links to all the sub forums.

Edit:

There's a link in the Navigation Bar near the top of the page - I concede it's not very prominent. I'm giving some thought as to how to improve that.

Apologies, hadn't noticed that link! Agree it might need to be a bit more eyecatching

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
I'll never forget the low of losing at Home to Darlington 3-2 in the last season at the Goldstone. Lowest crowd for years, 13 points adrift at the bottom of the league, now is probably one of the best times to be an Albion supporter new or old everyone is welcome. Just learn the history.. .

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Yep, that was a good little read. Just one thing though, when he's talking about the mediocrity of the 90/91 play-off final season, he says we did it in stripey shorts. Those hideous things weren't actually seen till the start of the following season. Not normally pedantic, but the terror of seeing those shorts for the first time has stayed with me forever.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Is HB&B on the blog team ?

SuperJP20

Jun 9, 2011
Great read. Very accurate description of how a lot of us are feeling I'd imagine!

Sent using tapatalk for HTC

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
a good 10 minutes spent reading 3 blogs.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
All three in that section are decent efforts.

When you look at what people with a modicum of talent, and grasp of vocabulary, can churn out, it does sometimes make you wonder how some paid writers / journalists managed to con their way into their privilaged positions.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
for one who has experienced the very lows and the very highs and then back to the lows(lowest time would be traveling to Gillingham to watch my team) this blog is just like a breath of fresh air now bookmarked and intending to return.

The Hovian blog is also well worth a look

these blogs keep us ex-pats in touch and a real feel for the club

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Is that my photo at the end?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here