Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Everyone Wave Goodbye To The Championship

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
never liked the championship anyway, full of overpaid idiots....

bring on league one, better football, better fans and better grounds.... :lolol:

:wave: :wave: tara championship

Donkey Hoaty

Mar 28, 2006
Uckfield
Given the current financial situation at the club, does anyone else think that the board would prefer relegation (lower wages to pay out etc..)???????

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Donkey Hoaty said:
Given the current financial situation at the club, does anyone else think that the board would prefer relegation (lower wages to pay out etc..)???????

you cant lower a players wages if you get relegated can you? (i.e you have to offer a new contract that they are entitled to refuse)

Donkey Hoaty

Mar 28, 2006
Uckfield
the right footed denilson said:
you cant lower a players wages if you get relegated can you? (i.e you have to offer a new contract that they are entitled to refuse)

There's a lot of contracts up this summer???

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006

Relegation wage reduction maybe? They have it on Football Manager.....

bailey

Sep 24, 2005
Seafront Brighton

I seem to remember DK saying on the phone in that the players have a clause in their contracts covering relegation....but of course this has to be offset against the loss of some tv money.

The impression he gave on the phone-in was that it's not the end of the world but that being in the Championship would be better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here