Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Everyone has a book in them! what would yours be?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
An extract from the tunnnel of sin!
THE CHINESE CHILDREN DANCED AND DANCED AND THE AS ONE ASKED DR C WHAT HE THOUGHT OF THEIR SPLENDID DANCE!
ALTHOUGH THE CHINESE CHILDREN WERE TOTALY BLIND AND THE THE TUNNEL WAS PITCH BLACK, DR C SAID THAT WAS A WONDERFUL DANCE! A WONDERFUL DANCE!
DR C COULD BE VERY KIND SOMETIMES,THE CRIPPLED CROW LIMP PAST HIM CURSING THE SUSSEX AMBULANCE SERVICE.

Any more snippets Rev ???
:moo:

Eric Potts

Jul 26, 2004
Top o' Hanover
Mine would be about a young boy who builds a snowman .
One day this snowman comes to life and the the boy and the snowman, fly on a magical journey and meet Father Christmas.
And then the boy and the snowman go back home . Next morning when the boy awakes the snowman has melted .
Haven't decided on a title for it yet,

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
My life as an Abused Moderator :)

If you could fill a book on it......El Presidente could fill a library. Which reminds me.......need to look out for some of his posts.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Sorry don't understand what you mean above (what I have highlighted)

LOL..! I have the occaisional bit of banter/critcism/abuse (at least I think it is) with El Presidente. He does unfortunately have a shockingly good memory though, which can put me at a serious dis-advantage.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I've been writing/editing/re-writing/re-editing my 'young adult' novel for five years now. Had more rejections from literary agents than I've had hot (vegetarian) dinners but we persevere.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
LOL..! I have the occaisional bit of banter/critcism/abuse (at least I think it is) with El Presidente. He does unfortunately have a shockingly good memory though, which can put me at a serious dis-advantage.

El Pres......Good memory??? .... El Pres.......Banter???........sure we are talking about the same person????

Edit....meant to say...if El Pres wrote a book it would be called "who am I and how do you spell Fanny"

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've got an Oscar winning film in me.
Superb script with a massive never done before twist.
Sadly I couldn't get funding, so had to do it all myself.
I subsequently went on to sweep the boards, at the Oscars, on my birthday.
This was mainly centred around the quite phenomenal twist.

Sadly when I woke up, I'd forgotten the twist :down:.

Quagmire

Jul 29, 2011
Quaghog, Rhode Island
I havn't got a title. But it is about a boy wizard who is educated in a magical teaching establishment. He is tasked by the oldest teacher to travel, mostly on foot, to a far away place to find the one ring. On the way he encounters a captain of a pirate ship who owes his life to an immortal pirate. He is killed and the boy begins to travel alone once more. He comes across a scarecrow, a tin man, and a lion. Together they walk toward the end of the crystal maze collecting only five gold tickets. One of these tickets allowed them to enter a giant, magical, chocolate factory. However they are ejected from the ground early for not following the correct dress code. Soon after this giant earthquakes begin to threaten the salvation of mankind. The boy is forced to travel to china, to board a boat which would allow him to live forever.

PLOT TWIST

Instead of china, he ends up boarding a rocket ship piloted by a monkey called Coco. They eventually end up on a planet named "Pandora". The ring is clearly not here, however a new material called Unobtanium is. The boy now sets his sights on obtaining this, by using a biological avatar to gain enterance to the alien inhabitant's society.

PLOT TWIST

He then spins a small spinning top on a table, realising he is in a dream. He then experiences the 'kick' and is woken up. The boy then finds himself in a magical school. In this school is is tasked by the eldest teacher to search for the one ring...

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I would write something about Agamemnon and the mycenae bronze age and why the Greek gods are as relevant today as Christianity

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here