Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Everyday tasks that should be easy but aren't

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
Having just struggled to get the peel-back top off my favourite lunchtime drink a Bombay Coconut Lassi from waitrose it struck me how may simple everyday tasks we have to do which are just not simple.

I defy anyone to get the lid of these damn drinks without some sort of spit back leaving you with youghurt on your suit jacket or shirt.

Som many things, getting a doctors appointment without having to wait a week, loading tunes onto an iPOD, cleaning round the taps on a sink, setting up a new TV into all the plugs and sockets on your DVD player etc, replacing the light cord in a bathroom......so many.

What a stupidly difficult world we live in.

Also - getting through to the right person at the DVLA or trying to pay council tax on the telephone push button system.

Enough to send you mad.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Changing your avatar on NSC. Getting GOSBTS on a Nokia...

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I find it difficult to open bank statements

Mar 13, 2008
I like screamers. Makes it more of an event.

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
Getting on a train. Do I go left? Do I go right? Do I get on and then decide? Should I look inside the carriage as it pulls into the station to try to identify possible seat targets

No; I will get 1 inch inside the door and stand there, in the middle of the doorway leaving evryone else stuck on the platform so that by the time they do get on all the seats have been taken by those who got on through different doors and had the good fortune not to have a fuckwit in front of them.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
So many things, getting a doctors appointment without having to wait a week,
Change your doctor

loading tunes onto an iPOD,
Dunno about ipods but the mp3 player I use is a piece of piss

cleaning round the taps on a sink
Use the right products and you barely need to touch them to clean them

setting up a new TV into all the plugs and sockets on your DVD player etc
EASY

replacing the light cord in a bathroom Never tried but i'll take your word for it

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
we have noticed you spend quite a lot of time watching sky sports news before racing to the keyboard to be first to post.

I actually don't watch that, only when Gillete Soccer Saturday is on, I get my information from BBC Football website, you should remember that :p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here