Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Everton, will they ever learn?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That's because a club moves them on quickly (see Cucu, Sanchez, Caicedo, Trossard etc) - any sign of downing tools and they're out the door.

What was the name of that striker at Forest who, literally did go on strike? He showed the way to engineer a way out
Pierre van Hooijdonk

Shows a stinking attitude, which the buying club should always be mindful of. That said, he still ended up having a very decent productive career in Holland at Vitesse and Feyenoord, plus Benfica and Fenerbahce once he'd shat all over Forest.

Last edited:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
They want 85m for him, he's a fine player but after one season of high quality PL football under his belt it seems quite a lot.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Surely most likely is that he signs a new contract with Everton that is somewhere inbetween what he's on now and what Man Utd offered?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I can see a sale going through for Branthwaite this summer.

But late. Maybe in the last day or two and not for the sort of sums being quoted. I reckon Everton will be offered a deal which they and their supporters will be horrified with, but after a chat with the accountants they will realise they simply have no choice but to sell.

POSKETT AT THE VALLEY

Jan 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
Pathetic response.
Clearly shows your complete and utter lack of football knowledge....and this from a Brighton fan, who have spent 70% of their history in the bottom two divisions.
Get over it. Ig
Pathetic response.
Clearly shows your complete and utter lack of football knowledge....and this from a Brighton fan, who have spent 70% of their history in the bottom two divisions.
I take it you sit in the posh seats and have never been confronted with scousers brandishing Stanley knives. Our history and their recent history is not comparable.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
In ad agencies (my world), if you give someone a payrise to keep them in the company, they typically last another 6 months before leaving.

I suspect paying footballers more to stop them leaving is similar.
When I managed a team of many engineers and designers I inherited a wage structure that was distorted to the point of chaos. Senior peiople on less than junior people all because the previous manager had bowed down and caved in to wage demands based on 'I want this amount and if i dont get it I am leaving'. It took me about 6 months but it was sorted, relatively amicably and efficiently to the general benefit of all, and most importantly the team.

No different with Braithwaite. If Everton agree, then their senior players, with more experience and probably responsibility will, justifiably, be annoyed and discord will quickly develop.

Sell him to Manure, a club like them deserves a player like him!

TNBA

TTF

Dec 29, 2011
Paddy Power already paying out on Everton to be relegated:

PR attempt. A historic club going down the pan because every greedy corporate bastard is trying to have their fill to maximise profits. Word on the street is now they are waiting for administration BEFORE purchasing to allow the debts to be wiped and increase return on their money. Think of the local family run businesses which are going to miss out on their income if that happens. Football is eating itself, we might hate Palace and Pompey but we've got a lot more in common with them and their fans than we do with these greedy bastard corporate clubs.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
PR attempt. A historic club going down the pan because every greedy corporate bastard is trying to have their fill to maximise profits. Word on the street is now they are waiting for administration BEFORE purchasing to allow the debts to be wiped and increase return on their money. Think of the local family run businesses which are going to miss out on their income if that happens. Football is eating itself, we might hate Palace and Pompey but we've got a lot more in common with them and their fans than we do with these greedy bastard corporate clubs.
Yeah. Obviously it's for the PR. But you have to laugh.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
I know a few Everton fans all very likeable and knowledgeable.
Agreed. And as for 'two bob' - historically a huge club, 5th highest number of league titles in football history, nine. So I think it really depends how you are judging a club.

Huge, local, fanbase and most I've met have been great.

Absolutely no excuse for their away end though. Although that'll be gone (sadly) by the end of this season.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Think of the cladding they will have in their new stadium when Mr Palace buys them.

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
Think of the local family run businesses which are going to miss out on their income if that happens. Football is eating itself, we might hate Palace and Pompey but we've got a lot more in common with them and their fans than we do with these greedy bastard corporate clubs.
You mean the Palace and Pompey that both went into admin and shafted local family run businesses?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here