Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Everton vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
You're making the wrong argument here! VAR didn't overturn the referee's decision, as has so often happened in recent years of the disastrous and inept operation of VAR.
They thought the ref. might have got it wrong, so they asked the ref. to have a second look for himself. He did, and saw that his initial instinct was wrong, so rescinded the pen.

That's 'Umpire's call' working to perfection.
That's pretty much how VAR has worked since the second season. In the first season, the pitchside monitor wasn't used. Since then, they've always asked the ref to have another look. "Referee's call" as Howard Webb said he wants it happened in the West Ham game. A lot of people will say it was the wrong outcome but the process tallied with PGMOL's stated approach for the new season.

Last edited:

SkirlieWirlie

Jan 6, 2024
I want to highlight what an utter tool and thug Tarkowski is.

That deliberate knee to the back of Pedro's neck was worth at least a yellow. It was absolutely disgusting from a real tosser of a player.

That he got one a few mins later for his hack at JP, shows that he had malicious intent.

He's up there with Fernandez, Kane and 3/4 of the Chelsea squad, as utter bellends.

Agreed. Loved him during his stand up days though 👍

Attachments

• 65dfac0d-15bb-42ad-9efe-0ffa62cde04f.jpg
    65dfac0d-15bb-42ad-9efe-0ffa62cde04f.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 54

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

That deliberate knee to the back of Pedro's neck was worth at least a yellow. It was absolutely disgusting from a real tosser of a player.

That he got one a few mins later for his hack at JP, shows that he had malicious intent.

He's up there with Fernandez, Kane and 3/4 of the Chelsea squad, as utter bellends.
We already knew.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Please provide a screenshot of any contact before he takes the dive. I am betting you cant
You need to watch the replays again. Dunk brings his left foot through at which point it goes underneath DCL's foot.

They're touching each other, which is the definition of the word 'contact'. Give my winnings to charity if you like ;)

For the millionth time, I'm not saying it was definitely a penalty. Just that we were fortunate it was overturned bearing in mind everything PGMOL said in the past couple of days about how VAR would be handled this season.

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Just suffered the long trip from Lime Street to Euston near 4 entitled Everton fans who didn't stop spouting crap for the whole journey. Apparently their new stadium is far to small for a start as they have a 30k waiting list apparently.

Still it was a very enjoyable Euston platform to Victoria sing song
That 30,000 waiting list is a posh name for the dole queue.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Yes.

He was told how shit he is from the stands though.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Absolutely top quality day out from the trains to the pub to the company to the game.

Rounded off for me by our entertaining of two young Everton fans (or at least shirt wearers) from LA, USA who were over for their first ever Premier League game, and on our train being invited to the real LA (Littlehampton) by @jackalbion for some proper FA Cup football tomorrow.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I wonder if they should simply shortcut it like rugby union. Instructing Hooper; not a foul by Dunk, no pen, yellow card for Calvert for simulation.

That’d be my preference.

The pitchside TV thing is silly.

No one in rugby union claims refs have been undermined.
That’s what they did in the first season. Everyone moaned about that too.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
That's pretty much how VAR has worked since the second season. In the first season, the pitchside monitor wasn't used. Since then, they've always asked the ref to have another look. "Referee's call" as Howard Webb said he wants it happened in the West Ham game. A lot of people will say it was the wrong outcome but the process tallied with PGMOL's stated approach for the new season.
Really?

I mean really? Refs invited to review their own decisions? Okey dokey, whatever,

sir_gullahad

Dec 20, 2013
Cheltenhamshire
One could say he stood on Dunk's foot, but one could equally say that Dunk slid his foot under Calvert Lewin's foot as he (CL) was just about to plant it, bringing him down in the process.
Not equally. Suggesting that Dunk craftily slid his foot under DCL's has zero credibility. Dunk's slide began a whole stride prior, there can be no question of intent to do that.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
You need to watch the replays again. Dunk brings his left foot through at which point it goes underneath DCL's foot.

They're touching each other, which is the definition of the word 'contact'. Give my winnings to charity if you like ;)

For the millionth time, I'm not saying it was definitely a penalty. Just that we were fortunate it was overturned bearing in mind everything PGMOL said in the past couple of days about how VAR would be handled this season.
Oh you mean the bit where his foot lightly brushes the side of Dunks boot as he plants it in preparation for the dive, we weren't fortunate it was overturned by the ref. Again this is exactly why we have VAR. DCL is lucky not to have been sent off

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here