Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Everton vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Especially as from his body language it looked like he was trying to tell the physio he was just holding his head to stop play/make it look worse but without saying that.
He won't be doing that again then. Maybe all teams should do that - hold your head, subbed. Going down for 'head injuries' to waste time would disappear overnight.
One change i've noticed is that we're playing offside trap a lot. Caught Everton offside probably 6+ times now
I think we're also a bit more willing to boot the ball out rather than try and keep possession for possession's sake as we did to our cost a few times last season.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Annoying.

I’d prefer Gruda, March or ACD at right wing and Barco, Estupinan or Kadıoğlu at left back.

We are not playing great but if we can pull this one off, we’ll surely have a much better squad and team by the time we play Everton again. I’m not sure they will.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Nice. Not at our best but battled well and have put ourselves in a good position.

Minteh’s pace is frightening. Gutted he went off but proud that as a club we’re leading the way again by taking a player off following medical advice after a head injury even when he wants to come back on, hopefully other clubs follow our lead for the players own safety.

Need our passing to be a bit more on point second half to see this out and I desperately hope we complete the Kadioglu deal. Right back a definite problem at the moment and more worrying now Minteh is off.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Blimey. It's going to be a lot of fun this season. Chaosball. Look very dangerous going forward. Part of me wishes Baleba was in midfield - but then we so plainly need someone like Milner out there with a bit of experience to steady things down (although not quite sure how that squares with the stupid challenge that's put him on a yellow).

Anyway, no need to worry about Hurzeler being too young. He probably aged 10 years in that half!

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Nice. Not at our best but battled well and have put ourselves in a good position.

Minteh’s pace is frightening. Gutted he went off but proud that as a club we’re leading the way again by taking a player off following medical advice after a head injury even when he wants to come back on, hopefully other clubs follow our lead for the players own safety.

Need our passing to be a bit more on point second half to see this out and I desperately hope we complete the Kadioglu deal. Right back a definite problem at the moment and more worrying now Minteh is off.
Most of their most threatening football has come with Harrison giving Hinshelwood a torrid time?

Last edited:

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Baleba has a role to play in the second half. Probably to replace Milner on about 60 mins.
Wieffer has taken up so good defensive positions but has given the ball away 4 or 5 times which needs to stop otherwise we will soon be conceding.
JP van Hecke would get my vote for first half man of the match, he's been immense.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Baleba has a role to play in the second half. Probably to replace Milner on about 60 mins.
Wieffer has taken up so good defensive positions but has given the ball away 4 or 5 times which needs to stop otherwise we will soon be conceding.
JP van Hecke would get my vote for first half man of the match, he's been immense.
I am struggling to see beyond “cool as a cucumber” Jason Steele. This is going to come back to haunt me isn’t it? :smile:

I am a Baleba so no argument there

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here