Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Everton vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
This is wretched, absolutely wretched.

Sure they’re full of zip, confidence and have some seriously good players BUT we look an utter shambles. Today it’s a mess.

No backbone, players not earning the shirt - we need to drop White and fast - he’s, rather predictably, not up to this level yet.

Too much hyperbole after Newcastle and Portsmouth (ffs) what did the board expect with other teams going all out to stay up...

Getting relegated is this climate would be disastrous for the club... I just can’t fathom the logic.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Because we're shit at long ones.

You might be right. Surely they have more belief though.
I am genuinely baffled as to why we’ve gone short corner after short corner . We have tall players in the box.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
When Everton want a FK they just ask Hoops to blow his whistle and he obliges

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I don't think I've ever seen a game with so many short corners and free kicks pointlessly worked back towards our own half. Have we even tried putting a single one into the box, or having a shot (Dunk's excepted)?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
All three defeats this campaign have been because of individual errors. It’s going to happen whilst Potter builds this style - well certainly with these players.

i really don't think anybody expected our defence to be this shit to be honest ...:shrug: 4 pretty average goals today , gifts one might call them .

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Alzate and Bissouma have put in 3/10 performances today. Think they need someone playing behind them if they're going to play together, going with those two and Trossard was suicidal.

I would never have started two up front with Trossard.
Bissouma and Alzate have looked lost.

just not good enough today.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Our whole team in the box

Let’s pass it back to Ryan

Joke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly.

As much as we all given plaudits to Potter he has to take criticism today for this. Set piece tactics and overall style wrong for this game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I don't think we've played particularly badly, just complete school boy errors and naievity, which is likely a result of playing with an inexperienced team.

Everton will likely be champions League challengers this season, let's see how we get on playing the lower half teams before we piss our pants.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I don't think I've ever seen a game with so many short corners and free kicks pointlessly worked back towards our own half. Have we even tried putting a single one into the box, or having a shot (Dunk's excepted)?

Madness isn’t it, if it was a tactic that has been working you’d understand it, but it’s a disaster.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I really hope COVID-19 curtails the season.

F*cking embarassing shambles of a team.

Well I don't think Newcastle thought that the other week, nor United last week.

We've been shyte today and our defending is worrying for sure, but let's not get too carried away

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I’m struggling to think of a more inept performance in the Potter era?

Yeah I agree. Others will say 'It's Everton', but it's still ONLY Everton, and they are missing players.
We look gutless and clueless.
Genuinely think our only really tactic is to counter attack with Lamptey ATM.

The Newcastle game was very encouraging, helped by an unprecedented start, and there's been other positives, but if we defend like this for much longer EVERY other team will work us out, just like they did with CH and just like they did last year.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Uncle Tone needs to get the cheque book out urgently.

Its Bloom or Bust.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Today is the first time we've missed Glenn Murray. Like crazy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here