Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Everton fc Sale

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
First sale to 777 fell through and now Friedkin have pulled out.. This may not be a surprise but what is, is to read both 777 and Friedkin have lent £200m to the club during the negotiations. If these two loans have to be paid back plus any others plus £500m ish new stadium cost what price is present owner trying to sell for.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Those loans won't have been given out of kindness.

I'd love to see the interest rate and details of any penalty clauses

I've not been following very closely but a quick google search reveals .......

How much debt is Everton in?
Everton's secured debts (including funds owed to Friedkin) total more than £600 million. A further £150 – 200 million is likely to be required for working capital, completion of the stadium and squad enhancements.7 Jul 2024

Yikes

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Everton are in a world of bother, the 777 deal was a shambles from the off and that the new proposed owners walked away does not bode well.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The potentially new buyers have been blocking the sale of key players, looks like one or two will have to go now.

Are we past the cut of from old season to new when it comes to points deduction? Im assuming so.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
The potentially new buyers have been blocking the sale of key players, looks like one or two will have to go now.

Are we past the cut of from old season to new when it comes to points deduction? Im assuming so.
Does it not depend if they go into administration, instant points deduction I think?
We need a football finance expert to get involved

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
They can go to the wall for all I care, don't like the club or fans.

They were certainly extremely cocky on grandoldteam when cheating with a huge illegal spend. Exactly the same mindset at Chelsea and Villa fans. Planning their success, fully aware of the rule breaking.

Bald Head

Jul 20, 2022
Brighton
First sale to 777 fell through and now Friedkin have pulled out.. This may not be a surprise but what is, is to read both 777 and Friedkin have lent £200m to the club during the negotiations. If these two loans have to be paid back plus any others plus £500m ish new stadium cost what price is present owner trying to sell for.
Close to a £1Billion probably, what a way to run a football club.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
The Friedkin Group has pulled out of a potential takeover of Everton. The American investors had agreed a £500m deal to buy the club from Farhad Moshiri but withdrew on Thursday evening.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Not sure even @El Presidente could keep track of that chaos... but I expect to be proven wrong.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Does it not depend if they go into administration, instant points deduction I think?
We need a football finance expert to get involved
A dullard spoke about this on R5 earlier today.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

Yeah agreed. I think they'll seriously struggle to attract sensible buyers for the club. This mess will take years to unpick

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Good article in the Athletic about this mess.
Seems the murkiness of the £200m loan from 777 is the reason for TFGs withdrawal. It’s not clear who that loan is owed to as 777 source their funds from debt/loans.
What a shambles.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
They were certainly extremely cocky on grandoldteam when cheating with a huge illegal spend. Exactly the same mindset at Chelsea and Villa fans. Planning their success, fully aware of the rule breaking.
To be fair, on an individual level I've liked all the Everton fans I've met (notwithstanding their one eyed view of FFP rules in the cases where it came up).

This is much more than I can say about, picking an example entirely at random (obviously), Derby. Those guys are a bunch of pricks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here