Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Everton fans agree to leave Liverpool

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Ah...I understand...it is actually outside of the city limits of Liverpool. :thumbsup:

rusty redeyes

Feb 26, 2007
Portslade, The Blue Anchor
Kirby is a new town created to reduce the slums in Liverpool but the area is rough as a cackbadgers arse. It's at the far end of the East Bound Mersey Rail and on the way to Wigan.

Might have been a new town in the 50's, now there are loads of identikit new builds in areas like Southdene and Tower Hill but agree it's as rough as a cackbadgers arse. I almost moved there about 6 years ago, a Persimmon 4 bed new build cost £125,00, opposite Kirkby sports centre alongside the proposed site for Evertons ground. Quarry Green social club in Northwood is a top night out though, cheap as chips.

Kirkby is also home to Liverpools football academy in Simonswood Lane

http://www.kirkbytimes.co.uk/galleryshome.html

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Silvanus

Aug 16, 2007
I dont know about you....But I love visiting all the old style grounds like....Everton,Sheff Wed and leeds...proper football grounds...all these new arena's just do not do it for me....they all look the same!

I agree with you there. Doncaster looks boring as does Swansea.

So what's the equivalent to that here then? Would it be like moving the Albion to, say, Peacehaven? Or Hassocks? Or Crawley?

I think it's interesting that Liverpool City Council seemed to bend over backwards to get Liverpool a massive arena in a park right in the centre of things, yet Everton are faced with having to go elsewhere. Doesn't quite seem fair.

More equivalent would be BHA moving to Lewes.

John Barrow, senior principal at HOK, which designed Arsenal’s Emirates stadium, said: “In terms of ambience, it is more art than science.

“Getting the right size is the first step, because the bigger the stadium, the more difficult it is to create atmosphere.

“Every new stadium now has to have a huge amount of enabling development, so finding a site big enough is key.

“A stadium is no longer just a stadium. Community facilities are vitally important, as are catering, dining rooms and bars.

“What used to be a football venue is now a machine for making money.”

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
What happens when the prosperous gentlemen farmers and bakers of Kirkby decide that a football stadium will ruin the tranquility of their beautiful neighbourhood and threaten to bring down property prices to something like £700,000 for a four-bedroomed Georgian villa?

I think Everton have a long struggle ahead of them before this becomes a reality.

Yes. Think of the children of Broad Oak. How are they going to get to Kirby?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I've always maintained they should share a stadium like Milan etc, but that is a big no no with the clubs and fans

I'm not surprised. A round-trip to the San Siro and back would be rather excessive for the average scouser to undertake for a home game.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
I've always maintained they should share a stadium like Milan etc, but that is a big no no with the clubs and fans

Think of all the clubs and their neighbours that could pool their resources and build super stadia...not that it would ever happen but it could work like the Milan stadium!

Arsenal and Spurs (bit late now!)
L'pool and Everton
Newcastle and Sunderland (okay, the hate there is palpable!)
Soton and Pompey
Stoke and Port Vale
Brum and West Brom
Notts County and Nottm Forest
Leeds and Bradford (okay, let's lol now!)
Brighton and Palace (what??)

and so on...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here