Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Shoehorning-in is my specialty.
1000004916.gif

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
At QPR my boys got high fives/handshakes from Fabian, Crofty, JPVH, Joel Veltman, Bart, Mats Wieffer and Jason Steele as they got off the team coach. That seems to be the best you can hope for now because of those wanting autographs for profit have caused the club to limit player interaction with the fans.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
It was the greed of the joyless professional autograph dealers that ruined it for the kids, not the players or the club
Disagree. The club/ players are the ones who have stopped the legal market enabling prices to rocket. The so called autograph dealers would lose more if the market was opened. I can understand it of the megastars but surely if most of the Brighton players signed a few hundred Autographs market would collapse.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Becoming much more of an us (loyal but irrelevant supporters) and them (overpaid and over important) football players who`ll walk past your eight year old wanting an autograph. Shame on them and the club.
Very unfair IMO, if the club is at fault is is allowing the shirt beggers access to the ground with their pathetic "Dunk can I have your shirt" etc signs, the signs should be removed at entry or taken by stewards in the ground, the club even allow the fans zone cameras to zoom in on the beggers.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Disagree. The club/ players are the ones who have stopped the legal market enabling prices to rocket. The so called autograph dealers would lose more if the market was opened. I can understand it of the megastars but surely if most of the Brighton players signed a few hundred Autographs market would collapse.
Did you witness the number of fans outside the ground after home matches two years ago, mostly the Mitoma+ crew admittedly but it is easy to see how kids could get injured in the scrum for photos and autographs, not a lot the club could do other than stop it.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Pretty sure if young fans were to send in their autograph books to the club with a handwritten letter and a stamped addressed envelope then they would be pleasantly surprised. Maybe the club could encourage this?

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Very sad youngsters can no longer wait for ages to get heroes autographs. Club have taken easy way out and should find a compromise. What a great part of growing up as a young sports supporter collecting autographs. After games there are enough stewards to form a secure way out to players car park and refuse to believe selling autographs on line is a big problem. Do not sign for adults, only sign one item and sure players would be aware if same people appearing everytime and pass them by. I just think it is so important a way round is found . Players have enough time so why cant they even have autograph sessions for say 6/7 players once a month.
I appreciate different days but have great memories of not only getting Albion autographs but also Sussex cricketers. Remember Tony Grieg was brilliant. He was delighted to sign for hours but only if all formed an orderly queue

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Very sad youngsters can no longer wait for ages to get heroes autographs. Club have taken easy way out and should find a compromise. What a great part of growing up as a young sports supporter collecting autographs. After games there are enough stewards to form a secure way out to players car park and refuse to believe selling autographs on line is a big problem. Do not sign for adults, only sign one item and sure players would be aware if same people appearing everytime and pass them by. I just think it is so important a way round is found . Players have enough time so why cant they even have autograph sessions for say 6/7 players once a month.
I appreciate different days but have great memories of not only getting Albion autographs but also Sussex cricketers. Remember Tony Grieg was brilliant. He was delighted to sign for hours but only if all formed an orderly queue

There is a compromise, you can apply to meet the players and get autographs before every home game I believe a smaller but safer number no doubt and for those lucky enough to attend a much safer experience.

If it was just a queue of kids waiting for players I'd understand peoples concerns a lot more but its grown arse adults fighting over the players attention as well.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Sad thing about those so called professional autograph hunters is that the shirts they were getting the players to sign were all DHGate type fakes. They then listed them for sale for £150 or even more when the likes of Mitoma were flying high. There was even a photo of Pedro in a hotel lobby signing a pile of them, all fakes. It's no wonder the club have stepped in to try and stop it, even if they have gone in rather heavy handed.

Bansko Seagull

Bansko Seagull
May 6, 2009
Worthing, West Sussex
Hi all. First away trip to Everton with my 8 year old son. He’s desperate to get something signed by the players. Any advice on when the team bus will arrive and his chances of getting something signed. Thanks all.
At Everton they close the road just down from the church and announce when the team buses are arriving so you should be able to see them arrive at least.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here