Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Everton are the first team to.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Think it might be a few more than that. But it's up to 109 seasons in the top flight in total now which is the most of any team.

Someone yesterday described Everton's start to seasons as being like going out on the piss still hungover from the night before. They'll finish seventh. They always do.

http://goalsandwickets.blogspot.com/2010/08/how-many-seasons-have-everton-spent.html

I had to google it to make sure. Can't confirm the source but it confirms my understanding.

I see you a bit of an Evertonian nealroy. when I was at school they were my "First Division Side". Ball, Kendal, Royle etc I even watched them in London a few times.. Obviously I graduated on to the Albion. The F**kers were instrumental in relegating us.. Howard Kendal didn't feel sorry for us because Big Ron (Man U) hadn't felt sorry for them a couple of weeks earlier and he hoped that Micky Lions Sheffield Wed would stuff us in the F.A Cup semi coming up. Any respect I had for Everton died there and then.

Andrew

May 15, 2008
Sussex
http://goalsandwickets.blogspot.com/2010/08/how-many-seasons-have-everton-spent.html

I had to google it to make sure. Can't confirm the source but it confirms my understanding.

I see you a bit of an Evertonian nealroy. when I was at school they were my "First Division Side". Ball, Kendal, Royle etc I even watched them in London a few times.. Obviously I graduated on to the Albion. The F**kers were instrumental in relegating us.. Howard Kendal didn't feel sorry for us because Big Ron (Man U) hadn't felt sorry for them a couple of weeks earlier and he hoped that Micky Lions Sheffield Wed would stuff us in the F.A Cup semi coming up. Any respect I had for Everton died there and then.

Wikied this it's true, strange how everyone thinks that they have been there for ever when there is a record of them being relegated twice (me included)

1929–30 in English football - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Shows clearly Everton finished 22nd that season out of 22 teams.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

nealroy

Jul 24, 2007
So Everton pay the same level of wages as Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal and Tottenham! Maybe on a par with spurs but no way do they pay the same as the other 5.

No obviously not. I should've said 6th highest wages for clarity. Top earner Arteta on £75k p/w which is more than Spurs' ceiling (which i believe is the Mod on 70k).
That's more than people realise though. They see the zero net transfer spend over 8 years or something and question why Everton are skint. Wages are the biggest factor these days by far.

Oct 25, 2003
it's no surprise that they've lost the most amount of games in the prem........they've been there every season, but to my knowledge have never finished higher than 4th, and before moyes they generally seemed to be lower mid table, and even had a few near misses with relegation

i generally like everton though, the prem would be WEIRD without them, and they have a likeable charm about them (possibly stems from my admiration for moyes), i'm surprised by their financial state as before i did a bit of digging around i always thought of them as a really well run club.....they need some investment asap in my view

nealroy

Jul 24, 2007

You detect right captain blackadder, they're my other team. Getting into football as a glory hunting seven year old, their mid-80s side caught my imagination. The word is that Kendall, Ball & Harvey midfield was a bit special.

This is a RUBBISH statistic. It requires us to believe that the Premier League is something different from what was previously branded as the First Division.

Does Tim Carder keep a separate exercise book, full of Albion statistics from the years that we played in the Endsleigh League? Of course not.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
This is a RUBBISH statistic. It requires us to believe that the Premier League is something different from what was previously branded as the First Division.

Does Tim Carder keep a separate exercise book, full of Albion statistics from the years that we played in the Endsleigh League? Of course not.

Did you not know, meaningful football only began in 1992? ;)

feller

N00b
Aug 13, 2011
Cambridgeshire
Everton need an Oligarch, but for some reason always get overlooked for investment opportunities. i think the biggest reason for this is the inability to be able to redevelop Goodison because of the Church right next to it. Goodison is slowly falling to bits.

Everton are my second team, mostly for David Moyes superb management ability. He always seems to get the most out of his squad, and buys, for the most part very prudently (lets not mention Yakubu). The youth policy at Everton is up with the best of them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here