Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Everton are the first team to.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Blimey, wouldn't have had them down to be the first to reach that landmark. That said, I think that particular slice of negative stats is the least of their worries at the moment when you compare it to their ever-worsening financial state. I've heard the "A" word bandied about umpteen times recently...

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Is it me or do they always have a shit start?

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
Prem started 92 -93 seasons so Everton as an ever present only loosing just over 5 games a season on average - not bad if true ??

How many ever present teams are there - Manu, Chelsea, Arsenal, Villa?? + What are theier loss rates

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Blimey, wouldn't have had them down to be the first to reach that landmark. That said, I think that particular slice of negative stats is the least of their worries at the moment when you compare it to their ever-worsening financial state. I've heard the "A" word bandied about umpteen times recently...

I've not followed the story about the parlous state of Everton's finances, so I'm at a loss to understand how a club that's been ever-present in the Premier League ( with all the TV money that brings ), and has good solid support, has got into such a mess.

nealroy

Jul 24, 2007
I've not followed the story about the parlous state of Everton's finances, so I'm at a loss to understand how a club that's been ever-present in the Premier League ( with all the TV money that brings ), and has good solid support, has got into such a mess.

Everton pay top 6 wages but without the commercial income or rich benefactor that other top teams have. The total wage bill isnt that high but when you consider they only have 20 senior players it's a factor. Main thing is the chairman isnt rich enough to act as a guarantor for loans and the traditional things (training ground, season ticket sales, sky income) have already been borrowed against. A lot of the £45m total debt is on overdraft so guess that's why the banks are twitchy. Administration is a bit unlikely though - could sell Baines, Jagielka, Arteta and Fellaini and clear the debt.

Everton my other team btw

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Great stat that. Like Dravid is the first player in the history of the world to have faced 30,000 balls in test matches.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Everton pay top 6 wages but without the commercial income or rich benefactor that other top teams have. The total wage bill isnt that high but when you consider they only have 20 senior players it's a factor. Main thing is the chairman isnt rich enough to act as a guarantor for loans and the traditional things (training ground, season ticket sales, sky income) have already been borrowed against. A lot of the £45m total debt is on overdraft so guess that's why the banks are twitchy. Administration is a bit unlikely though - could sell Baines, Jagielka, Arteta and Fellaini and clear the debt.

Cue Ernest

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
wow, thats one of those interesting sources of info. only 7 clubs have stayed in the top flight the past 19 years... clubs that seem to have been around for ever have been there quite short times; clubs you cant remember had quite long stints.

I think I am right in saying that Everton have only been out of the top flight for a record four seasons. The club that has had the most consecutive seasons in the top division is Arsenal

nealroy

Jul 24, 2007
I think I am right in saying that Everton have only been out of the top flight for a record four seasons. The club that has had the most consecutive seasons in the top division is Arsenal

Think it might be a few more than that. But it's up to 109 seasons in the top flight in total now which is the most of any team.

Someone yesterday described Everton's start to seasons as being like going out on the piss still hungover from the night before. They'll finish seventh. They always do.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

So Everton pay the same level of wages as Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal and Tottenham! Maybe on a par with spurs but no way do they pay the same as the other 5.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here