Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Everton: another one bites the dust...

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Maybe that'll mean that half their squad will come flocking to The Albion if we started tapping 'em up? :wink:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Black Armband day coming up......................

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
It was supposed to look like this if it happened

AA3414E3-E2C4-D9A3-A32A24D41EFE5E97.jpg

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
They missed a trick in Liverpool bless 'em.

Perfect opportunity to build a shared stadium with grants. Could have been the best stadium in the country.

Quite ironic that Everton started off playing at Anfield too.

Now both clubs have none.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Surely any UK clubs that are too proud to share a ground just need to get a return flight to Milan. Then they'll see it's possible to be your own distinct club in a great shared facility. Simple.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Surely any UK clubs that are too proud to share a ground just need to get a return flight to Milan. Then they'll see it's possible to be your own distinct club in a great shared facility. Simple.

Exactly and Liverpool is the perfect place for it.

As the clubs as so close together and people in the same family support different clubs there is absolutely no reason why they shouldn't consider it.

I wouldn't suggest it would could possibly work anywhere else, but Liverpool is simply crying out for a Stanley Park Stadium.

They are mad and I told the Scousers in my family time and time again (who actually agree)

Last edited:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Perhaps Martin Perry, in his albion role, could offer consultancy to these Permier League stadium fanciers in exchange for transfer funds or young loanees.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It always looked like a bit of a silly one to be honest.

I agree. I was never sure what the overriding objective was, a new stadium or a huge Tescos. That Tesco bloke was far too close to the Everton board which probably didnt help matters.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Territorial pride overshadowing economic sense....in Britain...never.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
But I don't understand. We've got so many people here on NSC who think getting planning permission for a stadium is a doddle and that Martin Perry should have done this in a blink of an eyelid.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It was supposed to look like this if it happened

AA3414E3-E2C4-D9A3-A32A24D41EFE5E97.jpg

Anyone else find Everton's self imposed moniker of "the people's club" just a tad pretentious?

Jamon Jamon

Mar 25, 2008

as we're 40 whatever miles from our nearest league club I don't think we're authourised to comment on this. I'm old enough to remember that bollocks about us sharing with the scum near Gatwick! and anyone remember Thames Valley Royals?.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here