Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ever heard of the Yellow Sam scam (betting coup)

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
is the correct answer, especially if the gamble was punted on friday! a full 4 days before the race!
Good luck and I hope some of you don't get burned.

If someone gets "burned" by taking information on an internet messageboard then quite frankly they only have them selves to blame.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
is the correct answer, especially if the gamble was punted on friday! a full 4 days before the race!
Good luck and I hope some of you don't get burned.

especially as it also last run on SUNDAY, it last won of a rating of 93 and is now 105.

Only thing going for it is the distance (best performances are all over 2m 4f)

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
If someone gets "burned" by taking information on an internet messageboard then quite frankly they only have them selves to blame.

Especially when it come from such a reliable source, from someone who is known as a caring person keen to help others, and not someone who is known to admit to being a "Benefit Cheat" and the type to boast how they are not having to work all day. like the rest of us.

D

Deleted User X18H

Especially when it come from such a reliable source, from someone who is known as a caring person keen to help others, and not someone who is known to admit to being a "Benefit Cheat" and the type to boast how they are not having to work all day. like the rest of us.
and who finished 4th out of 225 entrants in the Cheltenham tipping competition!!!

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
Four days ago? When were the final decs?

Can't believe any bookie was taking bets at that stage.

Also object slightly to the use of Yellow Sam just to get attention. I've met Barney Curley a few times, and he is by some distance the most interesting person I've ever bumped into on the turf. Nearly died as a teenager - spent two years in a sanitorium, with TB I think it was - and thought seriously about training for the priesthood before ending up as a gambler. He had nearly 50 horses in his yard at the peak of his powers, and almost all of them were paid for by punting.

He also raffled his house in Ireland about 30 years ago, and has been a father figure to several top jockeys, including Dettori and Spencer. In fact, I believe Dettori's current house was owned by Barney before he had it, and vice versa. Rather than get involved with estate agents and the rest, they just swapped.

He's always been one to find every loophole going. One of his favourite tricks back in the 1980s, before you had to jock horses up at the overnight stage, was to declare one of his with a 7lb claimer in the saddle, the back it off the boards as they were walking around the paddock. Then, once it had been backed from 10-1 to odds-on, Declan Murphy would suddenly hop over the paddock rail and climb aboard.

I can see why people kicked up a fuss and got it stopped, but you always knew it was a possibility when Barney was involved and it added greatly to the colour of the game.

He lost his son in a car accident outside the gates of the yard about 15 years ago, which was a blow he's never really recovered from, but he's also raised many millions of pounds for orphanages in Africa over the past decade.

Hope the horse wins for you all, but believe me, if Barney - or anyone like him - had anything to do with it, you would not find it advertised on Albion internet boards.

Wexford 5.15

1st 4 Monte Cinto (FR) 2-1 F
2nd 7 Dulgodti Bob (IRE) 8-1
3rd 6 City Beach (IRE) 33-1

Winning Trainer Martin Brassil
Winning Jockey R Walsh
12 ran

and who finished 4th out of 225 entrants in the Cheltenham tipping competition!!!
Was tempted by the above, but fortunately didn't gamble. Who is the board's best tipster?

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Wexford 5.15

1st 4 Monte Cinto (FR) 2-1 F
2nd 7 Dulgodti Bob (IRE) 8-1
3rd 6 City Beach (IRE) 33-1

Winning Trainer Martin Brassil
Winning Jockey R Walsh
12 ran

Was tempted by the above, but fortunately didn't gamble. Who is the board's best tipster?
US :bowdown::lolol:

D

Deleted User X18H

I will not be giving tips directly on here in future instead I will embed them in Triggers Lucky 15 thread

The irony of all this is that, before Hove B&B identified his horse, I went looking through the Wexford card for a horse that seemed to be on funny long odds in a handicap - and came across Hugbensin in the 4.10. When the name of the cert was revealed, I obviously left my selection alone.

What happened next?

Hugbensin runs in second, at 33/1. A lost opportunity if ever I saw one.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
The irony of all this is that, before Hove B&B identified his horse, I went looking through the Wexford card for a horse that seemed to be on funny long odds in a handicap - and came across Hugbensin in the 4.10. When the name of the cert was revealed, I obviously left my selection alone.

What happened next?

Hugbensin runs in second, at 33/1. A lost opportunity if ever I saw one.

I'd sue HB+B for the lost winnings. I'm assuming it was going to be £1k e/w

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here