Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ever had nightmares in IKEA?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
They say they cover "the whole of Ireland, north and south" and yet don't show anything but the north on their map? ???

Oh well, my brother will be quite happy such a service exists cause he's managed to destroy two flatpack desks before, will pass this on to him

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I LOVE putting the stuff together, that's the best bit.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I'm sorry, but you have to be a bit of an idiot if you can't put together an Ikea flatpack. i can do it and i'm diyaphobic

Emily's Mum

Jul 7, 2003
In the jungle, aka BFPO 11
I love Ikea & love living in a city with an Ikea. One week after Mr Apples popped the question we were in Bristol & I sai I'd take him out for lunch. Of course I took him to Ikea. He loved the meatballs & he even looked interested when we went to look at wardrobes.

Later that evening, after many pints of cider & a trip to Yeovil, he announced that he must be in touch with his feminine side as he enjoyed the Ikea visit:safeway2:

Of course the downside is that there is no Ikea near Fareham & I'm not driving to Croydon!

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Wozza said:
It's a time/effort thing - nothing to do with ability.

But it's the actual shopping that takes the time and effort - I'd pay someone to do that!

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
I heard that they are bringing out a new Lesbian bed next month.
No screwing needed. Just tongue and groove.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
The whole thought of going to that 2nd rate furniture store is enough to give me nightmares ..

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Wozza said:
You didn't look at the website then? :thud:

That would be heaven, but you can't order from it, and can't even place a phone order. You have to shuffle around the store with everyone else, pile your wardrobes on a wobbly trolley, then queue to pay, and queue to give it to the delivery people, or queue to load your car.

Tell me I can do it all from the comfort of my own home, and I'll gladly build it myself. Has it changed?

(Ahem, yes, I just looked at the site, but I don't live down south...)

Last edited:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
In my last job I used to do a fair bit of travelling, got into the habit of using the IKEA at Wednesbury, which is right by the M6, as a kind of motorway services. I dragged all of my colleagues in there for lunch, and some impromptu shopping...none ever complained.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
But surely the whole point of flat pack furniture is that is cheaper because you have to assemble it yourself. If you're going to add the expense of paying someone to assemble it you may as well decent, ready made furniture in the first place.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here