Ever had food poisoning?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
a dodgy Walls Romantica did in my entire family once, except me cause I was sick already and didn't eat it. Don't think anyone went to work/school for a few days at least...

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
i think everyone who grew up in HH worked there at one time or another, i did!

Didn't know you used to work there, before 2004 I assume?

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
The last time was due to a Tescos Egg Custard Tart before that it was down to someone not rinsing out the coffee machine properly, as well as shitting through the eye of the needle my piss was the same colour as Dr Peppers though it probably tasted better, not that I tried it!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
i think everyone who grew up in HH worked there at one time or another, i did!

Quite ODD how often HH comes up in this thread. A couple who both worked for the same company I did (offshoot of IPC Publishing) got married in HH and their entire wedding party was DECIMATED by food poisoning. It was a famous case at the time. Later eighties, early nineties, something like that. Made the national papers for sure.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Twice. Once from Fatty Arbuckles when it was at the marina and once when on a work visit our Birmingham office, luckily enough the hotel I was staying had such a small bathroom that I could puke in the sink whilst still sitting on the shitter.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Campylobactor from eating salad in Tel Aviv... it only takes one drop of chicken's blood on a dirty chopping board..grim....

For about three days thought I was going to die. By day four went to the Royal Sussex shitting blood.. they told me it was nothing to worry about. Hard to believe them, but managed to keep in about three spoons of rice the next day, and got better from there.

Very effective way of losing weight, but not recommended!

SpidersLegs

Feb 2, 2007
Here & there
Had some chicken at the Black Lion at Patcham. Took one bite and found the juices were still pink. Sent it back for another. 2am the following morning it started and I didn't stop puking & shitting for 5 days. Didn't go back there for ages after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzMike View Post
When the Elizabethan Tandoori in Patcham used to be called the Elizabethan Cottage, I had the mixed grill one Saturday night, Sunday morning puking everywhere then spent 2 days sitting on the pan with a bucket between my knees, working in stereo, out of it for days.
For the following week total bodily intake consisted of one piece of dry toast washed down with a bout 2 gallons of Kaolin and Morphine.
Should have sued.

I used to quite rate that place... might think again about visiting there now ???

No, it's good nowadays - excellent polite service, great food and setting.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I went for a Thai (meal) the other week and suddenly puked wildly as i left, just over the road on a street corner. It was still light outside and i had the immediate concern of just running from the scene and hoping no one on the passing buses saw me unleash. I blame it on the after-dinner mint chocolate that was likely made of an ironed badger turd and toothpaste that my insides couldn't stomach.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Inn by the Sea in Lee on Solent. Three times. Not saying that I don't learn from my mistakes....

First time - dodgy fish, the Environmental Health went in shortly afterwards and found them unfreezing and refreezing fish... Wifey got it as well, turned her vegetarian overnight.

Second time - meat stored cooked and uncooked in the same fridge. Violent and bloody, but the morphine button was good.

Third time - possibly due to a bad-pint-in-eight, so I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

The place has changed hands again, and no reports so far (wifey also works for the council and is on good terms with Environmental Health, it's quite interesting to see where they won't go for their office functions...)

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Once got it from flame kebab on london road. Was watching last year's champions league final, when liverpool lost to AC Milan. Got a bit drunk in the pub and got a kofte. Woke up covered in my own sick the next morning and spent the whole day throwing up. Didn't properly recover for a few days.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Quite ODD how often HH comes up in this thread. A couple who both worked for the same company I did (offshoot of IPC Publishing) got married in HH and their entire wedding party was DECIMATED by food poisoning. It was a famous case at the time. Later eighties, early nineties, something like that. Made the national papers for sure.

What company was that Tom?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A few times. Worst was oysters in Ireland. Really violent vomiting. The vomiting was so powerful I burst blood vessels around my eyes and they went a funny dark shade. I looked a mess. I recall The Birds was on the hotel tv whilst I did this.

Another was night before Brighton Darlington at Gillingham. I bought a hotdog from a mobile seller in Soho (I was very pissed but apparently his hands were discusting....black gunk under his finger nails etc..only got myself to blame really) then went into a club..within an hour I was sweating badly and feeling awful. Got home threw up for about 4 hours and then was completely flat on my back for about 3 days with no energy sweating and feeling crap. I didnt make the game but I remember Gabiadini got a hat-trick.

Bought some cockles from those guys who used to go from pub to pub. Had them in The Albion on Church Road around 8pm. By 11pm I had to go home (fortunately lived above Attree & Kent at the time) 'cos I felt rough as hell. Extreme agony for three days and it took me years to eat any seafood.

I blame Leeds.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here