Ibs......

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
No, it's just poor hygiene really.

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
I had campylobacter a few years ago, I was shitting blood.

Unless there's a certain number of cases of food poisoning with a common link between them that warrants investigation by the EHO, or you've knowingly eaten rotten food, you probably can't tell what caused it. Anyone that tells you they got food poisoning from a particular restaurant is almost certainly talking bollocks - you're far more likely to cook up a plate of botulism in your own home than fall ill from eating out, the majority of people just aren't willing to accept that they've caused it themselves.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
An ex-flatmate of mine was hospitalised with food poisoning. He won a kebab in a raffle and the prize was duly claimed. 8 hours later, he was on a morphine drip. :lol:

I got a bad bout of food poisoning from some seafood, I think, as it is not always the last meal consumed. It took quite a while to get over it and which was made worse by the fact it was 90 degrees plus at the time (Cuba).

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Salmonella is a serious illness. I thought I was never going to see in the new Millennium. When the Doctor said it was Salmonella, I was relieved. Well I waited a minute and then rushed out.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Yeah couple of times, once from a chinese takeway in Leyton (after a Brighton game) and once in Spain a couple of years ago.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
When the Elizabethan Tandoori in Patcham used to be called the Elizabethan Cottage, I had the mixed grill one Saturday night, Sunday morning puking everywhere then spent 2 days sitting on the pan with a bucket between my knees, working in stereo, out of it for days.
For the following week total bodily intake consisted of one piece of dry toast washed down with a bout 2 gallons of Kaolin and Morphine.
Should have sued.:sick:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Yup, a few times...the worst was in South America, haven't a clue what caused it, I was crossing a very large area of wilderness called the Gran Chaco at the time...there are far better places to be that ill.

When the Elizabethan Tandoori in Patcham used to be called the Elizabethan Cottage, I had the mixed grill one Saturday night, Sunday morning puking everywhere then spent 2 days sitting on the pan with a bucket between my knees, working in stereo, out of it for days.
For the following week total bodily intake consisted of one piece of dry toast washed down with a bout 2 gallons of Kaolin and Morphine.
Should have sued.:sick:

I used to quite rate that place... might think again about visiting there now ???

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Jeez.... caused by fruit salad an' all? That is desperately unlucky :nono:

You think you can be careful and avoid these things by not eating from Turkish Ron's Kebab Shack then you go and get struck down by a simple fruit salad from Sainsbury's.

at the time it was the largest outbreak of dysentery in the uk. unlike others whose compensation i am told ran into hundereds of thousands i got relativley peanuts from it, even though it was caused by their neglect with suppliers

The Offspring

Resident Guitar Shredder
Jul 8, 2004
Hants/Wilts Border
Salmonella is a serious illness. I thought I was never going to see in the new Millennium. When the Doctor said it was Salmonella, I was relieved. Well I waited a minute and then rushed out.

I had this as well, lost 4st, the best but most painful diet ever!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here