Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ever get the feeling the Spurs match...

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Is going to be a 100% improvement on the Senior Cup Final?

All the advertising will be in place, all the 'missing bits' from last week will be there... this will be like a proper match? Catering better sorted. I think it will.

Can't wait.

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
Atmosphere will be fantastic even if not full capacity. With the best will in the world the catering/service time will improve but it may take afew matches until it is spot on. I still feel like the last few weeks have all been like Xmas Eve!!! Can't wait. Special occasion Nr 1 = SSCC; Special occasion Nr 2=spurs; Special occasion Nr 3=Donny;......

Lush

Mods' Pet
Atmosphere will be fantastic even if not full capacity. With the best will in the world the catering/service time will improve but it may take afew matches until it is spot on. I still feel like the last few weeks have all been like Xmas Eve!!! Can't wait. Special occasion Nr 1 = SSCC; Special occasion Nr 2=spurs; Special occasion Nr 3=Donny;......

Special Occasion -2 = SSCC; Special Occasion -1 = Spurs; Special Occasion = Donny.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Remembering when the WSU did chant once and it was less than a third full, sounded awesome from the WSL... and the handful singing in the north making huge noise last weekend... imagine that next weekend and times it by about 100 ... gonna be something else (and I'll take me place in my seat in the WSU to).

MikeyPops

Jul 7, 2011
Worthing
Not bothered about the food but a pint would be nice. I was at the Amex for the S.S. Cup Final and the catering queues and prices were bad news. I cannot understand the logic of having to queue in the foody queue if you just want a beer. I will probably take a sandwich and a flask of tea to the matches in future and save myself about £7 per match. Wow - 23 matches x £7 (price of a pie and a pint) = £161, thats almost half of the price of a season ticket. Going to start saving for my Premiership season ticket for 2012/13. Really looking forward to whole occassion on 30th. It is going to be a great day, however it will not be a great game of football. But it will be a chance to see Albion's new signings, a chance to see some top premiership players from a team who have always played entertaining football, community singing, "Abide With Me" and "Good Old Sussex By The Sea". The Amex will be rocking and I am glad I am going to be there to witness it. Those who are saving it all for the Donny game are missing out on something really special, we have 23 league matches to look forward to but only one official opening.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Mikey, chill dude! What sort of time will you be getting there? Sod the concourse queues and go to Dicks Bar! That's what I plan to do next weekend. And I live in London so 11am start for me.

MikeyPops

Jul 7, 2011
Worthing
I'm chilled. 11am start from London? You might be cutting it fine. I plan to arrive the Amex at about 1.30 travelling into Mill Road P&R from Worthing. I am going to leave home at about midday, after I have had a substantial brunch, you know 2 fried eggs, bacon , sausage, beans, tomatoes, mushrooms, baked beans, toast. Washed down with a strong cup of coffee. That should keep me away from the foody/beer queus and be able to relax and enjoy all the proceedings and the friendly footy. I imagine the programme of events will probably start at 2pm and I do not want to miss any of it. Enjoy your day!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Left Euston at 11.15am last week and was at the Amex for 1.05pm :thumbsup:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Ever get the feeling the Spurs match...
Is going to be a 100% improvement on the Senior Cup Final?
Improvement, yes, of course. But how much...
are we even going to sell out the 17,000? The online ticket system seems to have been messed with, there could be a lot of empty seats.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here