Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ever felt you have been short changed at a gig?

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
bhaexpress said:
I've no idea, the start of their set was dire enough to convince me that the pub offered better entertainment.

The single was about 7 minutes long if I'm not mistaken! Perhaps they played it as an encore!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I saw the Fire Engines play at Leeds Warehouse. They did a set of about 35 minutes (and that included one song twice). Strangely, it was a relief when they went off so I didn't feel shortchanged. I was disappointed a couple of months ago when Patti Smith didn't do an encore at the Shepherds Bush Empire - but she had played for two hours so I shouldn't have been too pissed off.

How about some top value gigs: Lush mentioned the Two-tone triple bill at the Top Rank - I was there for that. The Stiffs tour was great too (motto, if it's not Stiff, it's not worth a f***).
The best value gig I saw though was The Clash at Sussex Uni when the support was the Buzzcocks, the Slits and the Subway Sect. Top night.

Heath Park Ranger

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Saw Stereophonics at Docklands a couple of years ago with Feeder as their support act.

Feeder were very good but only on for just over half an hour....then Kelly Jones came out and explained that the lead singer had got the shits, hence why they'd had to finish their set early.

Then 3 weeks later John Lee (their drummer) decided life wasn't worth living after all....God rest his soul.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Be Bop De-Luxe at the Dome in 1977, no support, played for an hour, all of it from a new album that no-one knew, no Sister Seagull, Ships in the Night etc. no encore, out of the door at 8.00.

The Cure at the Portsmouth Guildhall in 1981, played less than an hour of doom-laden dreary shite and buggered off.

John Martyn at Cambridge in 1995, he was totally out of it, couldn't sing or play a note and kept making bizarre jokes about chinese food.

Squiffy

Jul 11, 2003
Stone Roses - Club Citta, Kawasaki Japan; came on at 7 finished at 8 and that was that! Still, got in for nowt via the roadies, hung out backstage, watched the sound-check - the band, by the way, were top geezers, no attitude or owt. Also, as a result, went to 2nd Tokyo gig.

Simple Minds - Hammersmith Odeon '84; this was near the start of the 10:30pm limit for gigs. We were of course WELL chuffed when they finally came on at 9:15pm...

Teardrop Explodes - Top Rank Reading '81; still up there as just a great gig.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here