Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ever felt you have been short changed at a gig?

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
went to see 'The Thrills' last night at the concorde 2,
there was a support band ,but the Thrills were on for less that an hour,ok tickets were only £9 ,but bought my ticket in the summer when they hadnt been nominated for the Mercery music prize.

they were ok, not my fave band,

I just thought their set was too short, the shortest gig ive ever been to!.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Saw Van Morrison at the Dome years ago, he came on played for 40 mins and walked off. Never acknowledged the crowd and looked pissed off through the whole performance.

Still love his music but wouldn't pay to watch him again.

finbar

Jul 15, 2003
Hove
I was going to go, but had a feeling it'd be a bit poor - i saw them supporting the stones at the astoira in august and they were rubbish. I had a pair of tickets and sold them for £50 instead and went to see mark little. Who also was rubbish, but at least i effectively got paid for going!!

Exmouth Seagull

Sep 11, 2003
I saw Bananarama once in Coasters (I think). They were promoting 'Cruel Summer'.

It wasn't a proper gig, more like an apperance - but it was totally crap. They did Cruel Summer twice with another song in between. Completely mimed. No musicians present. No proper stage.

Through the whole performance they had to be protected by minders to save them being groped by groups of lads out on the piss.

It used to be great in there on a Saturday night after an Albion win. Loads of faces from the NS. If an away fan accidentally went in enjoying a night out after the match they were in serious danger.

NickL

Aug 21, 2003
Brighton
I was at the thrills gig aswell, but didn't feel short changed at all. They've only had 1 album that's about 50 minutes long and performed all but one 1 of the 12 tracks plus 3 new ones. 14 tracks for a new band is pretty good and thought they were very entertaining, as were they support, the sleepy jacksons.
All in all a good night out.:bounce:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I saw Pop Will Eat Itself in Preston once, and some twat threw a pint in the lead singer's face after about 40 minutes. He got arsey and stormed off and that was the last we saw of it him. :angry:

The bloke in the crowd who threw the pint later consequently got a kicking outside. :clap:

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
jeremy beadles hand said:
The Mrs went to see Craig David at the Brighton Centre recently and he was only on for 45 minutes

Rip off

it wasnt proper Bo! then?

at least he could of impressed you all with a kestrel display around the centre.

"Can I Get a re-wind?!"

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
The Thrills wouldn't give a pund's worth of money for me.

I saw Bonnie Prince Billie the othe rnight as i was on the guest list by surprise. A brilliant night of alt.country weirdness.

Ace.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Kylie. Didn't take all her clothes off, or invite me back to her room. Bitch!

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Exmouth Seagull said:
I saw Bananarama once in Coasters (I think). They were promoting 'Cruel Summer'.

It wasn't a proper gig, more like an apperance - but it was totally crap. They did Cruel Summer twice with another song in between. Completely mimed. No musicians present. No proper stage.

Through the whole performance they had to be protected by minders to save them being groped by groups of lads out on the piss.

It used to be great in there on a Saturday night after an Albion win. Loads of faces from the NS. If an away fan accidentally went in enjoying a night out after the match they were in serious danger.

I was in there once when Banarama did a very short and crap set on the bar that was in the middle - is that the night you mean? It was usually chaotic in that place, with the occasional police raid thrown in for good measure. Although the 'gig' was crap at least we didn't have to pay any more than the usual admission.

I went to see Wire once in London at the Electric Ballroom after they released the '154' album. They danced around in paper hats like wanker tribesmen for 45 minutes, then played '12XU' for the punks in the front who only wanted to hear their early crap. I asked for me money back at the end and was told to eff off by some slag in the ticket office .

Astoundingly, that performance was recorded and came out as a live album 'Document and Eyewitness' !

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
I saw Chas n Dave at Telford's in Chester a while back. They were on for less than an hour and that was it - no encore or anything. Even the free jellied eels on the bar didn't make up for it?

I'd got my hands on a free ticket, so I wasn't that gutted, but it still seemed a bit short in my opinion.

Rambo

Don't Push me
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
ZZ top are one of my favs, saw them at Brixton a few years back, they only tour once every 100 years so was really looking forward to it.
They were crap - played all there blues stuff all night, not a hint of Legs or Gimme All Your Lovin'

Beeneys gloves

Jul 7, 2003
I saw the Thrills at Reading and they were class, agree theyd struggle to do any more than 45 mins but give them time

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
I thought The Thrills were excellent last night and coupled with the fact The Sleepy Jackson were supporting I thought it was £9 well spent. Ratarsed mind, so they may have been crap for all I know.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here