Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ever Been On A Gameshow?

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I appeared on Catchphrase in 1993, but was beaten by Susan from Romford.
I was ahead for most of the game, but the match swung crucially on the phrase \"Don;t put all your eggs in one basket\". The basket was so poorly drawn I could barely recognise it . The so-called BASKET looked more like a piece of toast, so seeing the eggs in it, I said \"The Great British Breakfast\". Roy Walker came out with that \"its good but its not right\" bollocks, then Susan jumps in with her STAB in the dark at it, got it right, and I never really recovered.

The day was further soured when backstage I accidentally tripped over Roy Walkers rucksack that had his lunch in. He called me a clumsy c unt. Not quite as nice a fella as you;d think.

thats not true is it

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
I appeared on YOU BET! when Bruce Forsyth was hosting it...2 of us had to wind in a 7 1/2 tonne truck with fishing rods........my back's been f***ed ever since....still, i've had my 5 minutes of fame, lol.:lol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yes it is maffew.
I came away with a Nintendo games console and a set of steak knives in a velvet presentation case.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
My general knowledge is absolutely tops and I have twice been asked (by different people) to be the phone a friend by people trying to get oonto Who wants to be a millionaire. They haven't got past the qualifiers, though.

I don't want to go on a game show, as I don't ever want to be on TV. Except on the ITV show "chartered accountants who have given Milla Jovovich several up the arse".

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I was a phone a friend on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire, they didn't use it and got the €16,000 question wrong (and I knew the damn answer)

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Yes it is maffew.
I came away with a Nintendo games console and a set of steak knives in a velvet presentation case.

:), ok, believe you, what about this one?

I had my left eye replaced eleven years ago, after my own eye was irreparably damaged in a freak Swingball accident. The eye I was given actually belonged to a criminal counterfeiter from Latvia who was eventually executed for his crimes. I\'m grateful for the eye of course, but I do suffer regularly from disturbing and persistant visions of money laundering and corporate embezzlement. I now refuse to handle any banknotes higher than the value of £20, and the mere sight of a Euro banknote can induce an uncontrollable epileptic fit.

I only wish I;d taken that lazer option, but the Latvian;s eye was only £500. They actually had a 2 for 1 offer on that week as well, but thankfully I just needed the one anyway.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I NEVER lie on NSC maffew.
I'd only be lying to myself. Sort of.

Mrs Coach

aka Jesus H. Woman
I won John Virgo's trick shot on Big Break (yes, that means I wasn't the winner....) and Jim D was a tit.

I won a TV on Wheel of Fortune. Not much good as I'd bought myself a new one the month before, so I gave it to my ma-in-law, who was very grateful.

I was on some meridian sports show thing where I had to take ten friends along and nominate each one to answer a question (so by the time you got to question 10, there was only one choice of friend to nominate) - we won £47 quid each thanks to getting a racing question wrong (is the 500 miles or km?)

fifteen to one. bah. no problem. straight out.

Then got bored with game shows and haven't been on one for a couple of years. Turned down the pilots for millyonaaarrre and Anne's bitchy put down thing - course when they asked me, they didn't mention the amount of money involved - and they didn't have proper game names either! I realised what they were when they aired though.

And Jenny on Wheel of is lovely lovely lovely. Hubbie had a crush on her as a youngster, so I wouldn't let him come with me! hehehe. no, he was busy that week but I got him a signed photo, which I kindly laminated for him.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
The day was further soured when backstage I accidentally tripped over Roy Walkers rucksack that had his lunch in. He called me a clumsy c unt. Not quite as nice a fella as you;d think.
:)

I would have preferred the image of you orally relieving his little Walker as he repeats "What's Mr Chips doing? What's Mr Chips doing?" until finishing matters with a "Mr Chips is done.", handing you a gold-plated pen and strolling in to the crowd of people outside who fail to recognise there is anything funny about him.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I was in a documentary on BBC2 once, but have never been on a gameshow.

Keep thinking I'd like to try it, being as I'm usually quite good at general knowledge/pointless trivia (delete as applicable), but I doubt I'd find it so easy answering questions in a studio as I do answering questions at home if I'm watching a quiz.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
One of my close friends was on On Safari with Christopher Biggins but the vain bey-atch has never allowed me to see the vid.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I lost a bet and had to apply to gameshows until I got accepted by one.

It's just been confirmed that the weakest link have accepted me!

Generally quite a shy person so shitting myself.

Ever appeared on one, any advice?

Try and get the questions right. Failing that, get wankered and crack on to Robinson. She's bound to have a cracking pair of fake ginger knockers.

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
I was once on a radio quiz (in pre-internet days), although there were no prizes for my right answer. Was fun though because it was a local Sussex station and I was calling from Nottingham. They thought their signal was somehow reaching the East Midlands but it wasn't really, it was just my brother had rung me up and told me the question to answer. They were wetting themselves though, thinking they had gone national.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Been on 15 to 1 but blink and you'd miss it and our team got accepted for Eggheads then one of the team got cold feet and refused point blank to go on it.
Hoping to get on Millionaire and/or Weakest Link but so far no luck. Oh and I won some tickets to "Smokey Joes Cafe" a long time ago on Mercury

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here