Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ever applied for the Albion manager's job?

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
I could be wrong here but Im sure a few years ago Swansea got a new manager & his only previous experience was running the equivelant to a sussex sunday league team. I think he was sacked after a week or two.................Or did I dream it???????

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
edna krabappel said:
"yours hopefully"

That's how kids used to end their letters to Jim'll Fix It!

:D

Yes. If he knows I'm waiting by the door for a reply, maybe he'll actually write one...

CB: 2 minutes typing during NSC time isn't a big loss. I'll make the time up with a pint later...

helga

Aug 8, 2003
I applied for the Albion job when it was given to Steve Gritt.

I wrote to that tosser Bellotti explaining that as he was trying to ruin the club I was the ideal appointment as apart from school football and a few five a side games I knew nothing about the game. Although my ability to lay coats out in a psark as goalposts was very good.

I ended by pointing out that I cared passionately about the club...I think that ruined my application chances!!!

I never got a response.

He did say in the media though that there were 50 quality applications for the job. Probably 49 other supporters taking the piss I guess!!!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
braders100 - brighton manager has a nice ring to it mr knight expect my letter when you next need a manager:lol:

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Jimmy Case applied for the job in November 1995 after an afternoon in the pub, unfortunately he got the job!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
oi harty i better get a shout out this evening (please)

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Hantseagull said:
:D

Yes. If he knows I'm waiting by the door for a reply, maybe he'll actually write one...

CB: 2 minutes typing during NSC time isn't a big loss. I'll make the time up with a pint later...

Only one D-T-E-S!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
chez said:
I could be wrong here but Im sure a few years ago Swansea got a new manager & his only previous experience was running the equivelant to a sussex sunday league team. I think he was sacked after a week or two.................Or did I dream it???????

His name was Kevin Cullis and he lasted 7 days losing twice. His only previous job was as a PE teacher. Which remindes me that one of my mates did apply for the Albion job in the dark days and incuded a line that was something like "I used to be very good at PE at school but it's all gone to pot since the smoking and drinking got out of control".

superwife

Aug 13, 2003
With Superphil
Still unhappy about it, think I would have been excellent for the job.

Anyway, now I've founded the Happy Fluffy Political Party, I wouldn't have time!

I am not bitter.:wave:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Bozza said:
Strange timing with this thread.

Anyway - brush up those CVs everyone...

IF COPPELL DOES GO, THE LAST THING WE SHOULD BE DOING IS PISSING HIM OFF WITH SHITTY APPLICATIONS FOR THE JOB OF MANAGER. DONT WASTE DK'S TIME....BECAUSE IN THE TIME IT TAKES HIM TO WRITE A REPLY TO YOU, ANOTHER CLUB MAY HAVE NICKED OUR PROSPECTED NEW MANAGER.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Yep, waste Reading's time instead.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
edna krabappel said:
Yep, waste Reading's time instead.

This isn't time wasting. This is serious stuff. If one of us gets the Reading job, then Coppell'll have to stay at the Albion...

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here