Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Evening guys

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Laurence Batty is long gone! I've heard Preston Park is shut next Saturday - so bus replacement anyway if going to PP. Apparently train wise we either go via Havant or Lewes. Thanks for help guys. And I loved The Lanes last time I visited if that's where the quirky shops are!

You probably mean North Laine rather than The Lanes: North Laine has the independent shops, The Lanes has rather expensive antique shops and jewellers.

If you don't fancy the bus replacement service, you need a 5 or a 5A along London Road.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Train to Brighton you only need to buy a return ticket to Haywards Heath or Shoreham, depending on which way you go, your match ticket takes you the rest of the way.
Walk into the North Laine, drink beer, eat good grub, find some Brighton fans for a chat, then take the 5/5A bus to the ground.

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
When was the last time Withdean hosted a `cup final`: for either side? Would Man City qualify for that title?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Just hope it's a great experience for everyone and the Woking fans are made welcome and go away with good memories in defeat :thumbsup:

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
Saw woking lose to everton at goodison park in the cup, the day after we had drawn so memorably at anfield after being 2-0 down.

My abiding memory of Woking is them knocking West Brom out of the FA Cup...their goalie in that game, Tim Read, was in my younger brother's year at Steyning GS.

The day after we drew 2-2 at Liverpool, we went to watch Woking, then in the Conference, lost 1-0 at Goodison to Everton

Oh, and don't forget your binoculars if you want to watch the game

brighton52.jpg

Fans are set very well back from the pitch as there is a semi-oval grassed area behind the goal and then a running track in-between that and the stand itself.

You would expect from such an open stadium that the atmosphere would be fairly flat. However, the Brighton supporters really try hard to get behind their team and this made for a good atmosphere. The fans also make the most of the temporary nature of the stands, by making quite a large din by stamping their feet on the metal floor. The open nature of Withdean makes a visit daunting on a cold, wet day.

Neil Cullen a visiting Southampton fan adds; 'I went with the attitude that the Withdean would be a poor ground, with poor facilities. But after a great day out there I left with the thought that it was a nice place to visit. The Sportsman pub was friendly and there was a good crack with the home supporters who were welcoming. The stewards and ground staff were friendly and helpful, more than you can say about a lot of places you visit. Okay the pitch was a long way off, and luckily we had sunshine, but all in all a good day out'.

Whilst Peter Bennett tells me; 'When I went recently with Orient, there was very little noise from the Brighton fans- apart from the 25 or so hard core ?singers? in the South Stand. The view from the away end is like the old Wembley, you are very low down and miles from the pitch. Definitely not a ground to go to after a few beers as you?d probably fall asleep as the game seems so remote from the away seats.'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here