Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Even the Cows have it in for Labour

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
MP Blunkett injured in cow attack
BBC NEWS | England | MP Blunkett injured in cow attack

Mr Blunkett was injured by the cow while out waking on his 62nd birthday
Former Home Secretary David Blunkett is recovering after being injured by a charging cow in Derbyshire.
The incident happened on Saturday while the Sheffield MP was out walking on his 62nd birthday with his guide dog Sadie in the Peak District.
It is believed the cow ran at the dog and while trying to protect her, the blind MP fell and was trampled.
He suffered a broken rib and "painful bruising" but was declared well enough to attend a Labour Party meeting later.
A spokesman for Mr Blunkett said: "He has a broken rib and a lot of painful bruising, but he's all right and, given the critical nature of the political circumstances at the moment, he is going - albeit extremely slowly - to be in London this week, doing his job."
The MP for Sheffield Brightside will attend a meeting of the Parliamentary Labour Party later when it is expected Prime Minister Gordon Brown will be grilled about his future.
Alison Pratt, from the National Farmers' Union, gave the following advice to others should they find themselves in a similar position.
"The best thing to do is to let the dog off the lead so it can run away because obviously a dog can run faster than you," she said.
"The next thing to do is to get quite quickly to the edge of the field, collect the dog and leave."

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
great advice from Alison Pratt (her real name!!) - I wonder how that advice might work for blind people !

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
What an udderly horrible thing to happen.

I hope Mr Blunkett recovers quickly.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Oh god let the puns begin. Is beside the point, the dog shouldn't have been so cowardly- it should have bullied back..

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I know he's blind, but you'd have thought he'd have herd it coming. I guess the cow didn't bother sounding its horns.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Fair pay to Blunkett for struggling in to work afterwards though.
He deserves a pat on the back for that.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Being an MP I am sure he will milk any potential compenstation from the farmer for all it's worth.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Probably felt he need to HEIFER lie down after that

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here