Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Even Notts County are going to stregthen their squad...

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Even Notts County are going to strengthen their squad...

Notts County's new owners are planning to release funds to strengthen the squad.

The consortium's Peter Joyce said: "We hope to be able to tell Billy (Dearden) he can bring in players.

"We do not want to criticise the actions of the previous owners but we're still dealing with the ramifications of those.

"This club is still dealing with decisions which were made as long as three years ago," Joyce told the Nottingham Evening Post.

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
berkshire seagull said:
Like i say its a joke and having a skint chairman is goner get us knowhere.:angry:

Berks, lets face a small fact. You can hardly have a go at DK given the number of games you've seen at Withdean. I know you live a distance away but maybe you should appreciate that you're not the only person who has financial restrictions.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
You need to see the lightttttttttttttt:rolleyes:
Our chairman is potless,so anyother man who takes over is goner have more than dick its that straight forward.

Dick can be our new seagull mascot on matchdays:clap2: :drink:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Trigger, all these other teams who get players ahead of us; tell us, has it improved their results?

We keep seeing reports of Wed getting someone, Wycombe getting someone else but the position of the teams in the league don't change that much do they?

I would rather the manager takes his time to get in someone who is actually going to make a difference.

Those sort of players are few and far between. We have got one permanent (well two years) and one loan signing (Knight and Yeates) who have improved the squad so far this season.

Quality is what is needed.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
berkshire seagull said:
Our chairman is potless,so anyother man who takes over is goner have more than dick its that straight forward.

This is getting feckin' dull. But, please, humour me...

Where is this queue of moneymen fighting to get into the Albion hotseat?

Do you really believe there are (m)any people out there who are quite happy to give (ie not in the form of loan capital) money to a football club for no return whatsoever?

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
bhaexpress said:
Berks, lets face a small fact. You can hardly have a go at DK given the number of games you've seen at Withdean. I know you live a distance away but maybe you should appreciate that you're not the only person who has financial restrictions.
Yeah and do you want a large list as of why i don't go.

Yeah i turned my back on the withdean for many reasons and by the time falmer arrives i will be a permanent arm chair fan.
Face it the last 20 years we have had f-all money to spend.

Yeah your say the same old shite about bellotti and co,but the facts are there that we started again and get yet another potless chairman.
What is it with this club as we had a chairman with shite loads and he gave f-all and know we have a decent chairman with absolutley f-all in his pocket.

Doncaster are a prime exsample of a chairman who loves the club and has money and they are on the up as with other clubs.
He doesn't spend big big money,but shrewd signings to say the least.:smokin: :flameboun

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
Bozza said:

Do you really believe there are (m)any people out there who are quite happy to give (ie not in the form of loan capital) money to a football club for no return whatsoever?

Someone remind me, what happened the last time we were run by money not love?

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Bozza said:

Who on earth fooled you and most into thinking there is no money men out there.
Clubs millions in debt get taken over all the time and we are a club not in debt so work that out its so bloody easy for fu-cks sake.

I have never seen this club spend over 100k,so please spare me the crap talk.:drink:

larus

Yorkie said:
Trigger, all these other teams who get players ahead of us; tell us, has it improved their results?

We keep seeing reports of Wed getting someone, Wycombe getting someone else but the position of the teams in the league don't change that much do they?

I would rather the manager takes his time to get in someone who is actually going to make a difference.

Those sort of players are few and far between. We have got one permanent (well two years) and one loan signing (Knight and Yeates) who have improved the squad so far this season.

Quality is what is needed.

Eureka.

Too many posters on here think that we are a big club with queues of people waiting to jump at the chance to step in when DK moves aside. At the moment, they need a reality check.

Things may change WHEN Falmer gets the go-ahead, but until then, no-one with half a brain (other than a real fan), would step in to put money into the club as a business venture.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
marvin said:
Someone remind me, what happened the last time we were run by money not love?
Yeah its just like players who get this love and long contracts,so you have to be nasty as its football not a romance.:wave:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
berkshire seagull said:

So, please give us a name. Like, the name of somebody who would want to take over this club ? Huge queue isn't there ? I, like most people can not only see the light but also live in the real world.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Don't bother replying to Berkshire. He has blinkers on and only says the same thing over and over again.

You're never going to convince him ???

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
He's not alone but the fact of the matter is simple. This club has no tangeble assets apart from it's playing staff and is therefore very unlikely to stir any interest from a so called 'Money Man'.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Please please please stop talking tosh by telling me to name a person to take over as i can promise you if dick walked know we would have many interested buyers and you no it.

Even better a club set to move into a new stadium mmmm,sounds better than taking over another club who owe's 3-6 million don't it.

Most of you actually believe that no one is interested in bha and if dick left we would fold.

:lolol: :lolol: get real as thats complete tosh as im skint and i can run bha if needed.:shootself

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
And on todays edition of 'Spot the Braincell' we have a Mr B.S. from somewhere near Reading

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
bhaexpress - you are wasting your time mate. I've asked berkshire and the other 'Knight should stand aside' brigade who the replacement should be and they won't say, for the simple reason that these 'investors' do not exist.

I confidently predict that all the time our form is indifferent new threads like this will crop up time and time again, started by the same people (berkshire, trigger, byf, etc). Dick Knight can't 'stand aside' for the simple reason that no-one has actually made any offer to take over, nor are they 'waiting in the wings'.

I don't expect the situation to change even after Falmer gets the go-ahead. Even a club like Leicester which built a shiny new stadium and got shot of the debt via adminstration had trouble finding a credible alternative to the old regime.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Dick is at the club and the club is not up for sale,so you tell me how an interested buyer is goner come forward.
If dick can take us over with nout anyone can,so you all still believe no one is interested in buying bha if dick put us up for sale dear o dear.:eek:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here