Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Evans rates Barnett up there with Mackail-Smith

• Thread starter Deleted member 18477
  • Start date

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
How can you possibly defend Steve Evens whilst you admit you don't know about his defining action in football, his corruption conviction at Boston. Check out: Twohundredpercent Steve Evans: Football Manager. Convicted Criminal. or Football Wonderkids fc - Tomorrow's Superstar Players...Today or

As for his time at Crawley, this is a club that have unanswered questions around their ownership, finances, and wages. He spent heavily to get them out of non league last season, and even more this season.

Still think it will unravel and implode at Crawley this year.

Im not defending him at all, his past is his past and Im not interested in it, there are far worse characters around in football than Mr Evans, I was merly pointing out that his record as manager where ever goes is very good, and his record at Crawley is excellent.

And there are very few unanswered questions surrounding the ownership, Sue Carter has been a life long fan of Crawley and the late Bruce Winfield was also a committed Crawley fan who idolised the club and only wanted the best, The Majids took the club to the cleaners and they are long gone, the club is in very good hands with a very healthy bank balance thanks to last seasons cup run and TV revenue. So I dont think they are due to implode at any time soon or for the foreseebale future. You also need to check your facts out about the spend this season as I dont think Crawley have spent a penny on transfers, but open to be proved wrong.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
You have no idea what your talking about................I only agree with one thing you say above and that is he is fat, but to say he is clueless and eternally non league is just laughable, take out the Boston saga (I dont no enough about it to discuss) and he has been a success at every club he has managed, Crawley romped the conferance last season by a record margin and are sitting 2nd in League 2 with some bigger sides no where near them. He has spent very wisley in the last 2 years and his team play a decent brand of football for that standard. They will go up this year and I actually reckon they will be a force in League 1 next season as they still have a shit load of money to spend.
Spent very wisely, not sure about that, he spent huge amounts, I think they actually spent more than us in transfer fees for last season (at least in the summer), and he basically played Championship Manager signing the best player from each club, two or three of the league's regular top scoerers etc.

Not that he's a bad manager, but he is a terrible man.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Looks as though Evans was on to something. Barnett has scored a third of CMS's goals in just 5 games!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
To be fair to any lower league manager, if they have a good striker on their hands and it's getting towards summer or the January window it makes sense to big 'em up in order to increase the possibility of a transfer fee if they are resigned to losing them.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Steve Evans is the biggest prick in football. Thoroughly unlikeable character, always sneering and snarling on the touchline.

Apparently he's a nice bloke in real life, just becomes a complete wanker for the football. ???

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Lets face it though CMS has been a major let down this season

Bit of a let down, yes

Major let down, no

Like most players gus has signed it takes a fair time for them to adjust to our style of play and us to adjust to them.

Drpepper

Nov 23, 2011
Sussex
I dont think he is good good enough for the champ. Ashley barnes is a better player and finisher.i think poyet knows it just a shame he wont play barnes upfront as a striker and we would see 20+ goals from him

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
He said the same about Matt Tubbs last season didn't he (being best goalscorer outside Premiership)? Like him or loathe him, and I loathe him, you have to respect the way he portrays Crawley Town as one the biggest movers and shakers in lower league football. And whilst his treatment of those young defenders who let in all those goals for them a few weeks back was pretty poor, Barnett must be full of confidence after getting such an assessment from his manager. I bet the fans there absolutely love him.

How has tubbs done since leaving, is he injured ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here