Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Evan Ferguson

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Hopefully the Irish help him get up to speed which can only be good for us.

Fascinated to see if Hurzeler can get a tune out of him and find a style that suits him. I think we managed about 1 shot from December onwards last season, and he fluffed it

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Hopefully the Irish help him get up to speed which can only be good for us.

Fascinated to see if Hurzeler can get a tune out of him and find a style that suits him. I think we managed about 1 shot from December onwards last season, and he fluffed it

Yeah its not the easiest player. RDZ started last season with him as target player until Lewis Cook ate him alive in the first half home against Bournemouth. From that game, the first pass from the defenders upwards never went to Ferguson, he was just supposed sit around the penalty box waiting for chances. Chances that never came because we we're too slow and not enough adventerous on moving the ball.

Honestly don't have a clue how he is supposed to be used to get the most out of him. Certainly want him finishing off attacks, but the question is how to get him to those chances.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Yeah its not the easiest player. RDZ started last season with him as target player until Lewis Cook ate him alive in the first half home against Bournemouth. From that game, the first pass from the defenders upwards never went to Ferguson, he was just supposed sit around the penalty box waiting for chances. Chances that never came because we we're too slow and not enough adventerous on moving the ball.

Honestly don't have a clue how he is supposed to be used to get the most out of him. Certainly want him finishing off attacks, but the question is how to get him to those chances.
He seemed to be asked to move around a lot and play the Wellbeck role under RDZ. Was good at it in the game (s?) Against Liverpool in 22/ 23 but he really shows you how good Wellbeck is at it.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
He seemed to be asked to move around a lot and play the Wellbeck role under RDZ. Was good at it in the game (s?) Against Liverpool in 22/ 23 but he really shows you how good Wellbeck is at it.
Neither are a patch on Welbeck

Ferguson was a very mobile player when he first broke into the team, that was what the excitement was all about, not just the goals. Whatever caused the concrete in the boots of last season you hope has been or is being addressed

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Did Evan even touch the ball today? I must admit I was a bit distracted by how small Angel Gomes is. Gives me hope that some of the tiny players coming through Albion's academy might actually make it (U-16s Connor Austin and Fin Smith are about 2' 6" and 3' 1" respectively).
No.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think a bit more movement will benefit Evan. Under RDZ he was more of less static in the box, watching the others playing back and forth. It’s hard for anyone to score then. A more ”flowing” play under Hurz will be interesting.
Off to Everton, do you think?

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Did Evan even touch the ball today? I must admit I was a bit distracted by how small Angel Gomes is. Gives me hope that some of the tiny players coming through Albion's academy might actually make it (U-16s Connor Austin and Fin Smith are about 2' 6" and 3' 1" respectively).
Funny story. I was mascot on the last game at Withdean. Think I was about 11, quite tall for my age. As we lined up and waited for the players to see who we’d walk out with, I ended up with Liam Bridcutt. I was only an inch or two smaller than him so he made Chris Wood swap with him and I ended up walking out with him instead 😂

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Funny story. I was mascot on the last game at Withdean. Think I was about 11, quite tall for my age. As we lined up and waited for the players to see who we’d walk out with, I ended up with Liam Bridcutt. I was only an inch or two smaller than him so he made Chris Wood swap with him and I ended up walking out with him instead 😂
:lol:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ferguson was a very mobile player when he first broke into the team, that was what the excitement was all about, not just the goals. Whatever caused the concrete in the boots of last season you hope has been or is being addressed

This.

Haven’t genuine ITK’s indicated that he was carrying a significant injury most of last season?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here